GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

He was good in the FF line v Cork, but that’s only Cork.

He was brilliant at 11 in the All Ireland Final

He came deeper second half v Clare if i recall correctly. And he did the same v Galway, he was brilliant second half. …but he could easily have missed out also.

Neither Hayes nor Morrissey did enough for one in reality. Morrissey was in poor auld form in Munster too.

Ah Hayes was excellent in the last few games. Got a few goals earlier in the year too

Absolutely.

It made the decision to not play him there for most of the year even stranger or even back to WB.

He was injured early on in the year I’m sure. Second half against Galway and the AI final he was phenomenal alright. His workrate is unparalleled and he can add in scores and the odd freak of nature bit of brilliance

TJ reid should have got 11 and Whelan should have got one inside

Four for An Gaeltacht.

Surprised Dara O’Cinneide didn’t win one.

Yerrah we do be trying to make things interesting

Aido the front runner for FOTY at this stage

The Mayo heads are getting giddy.

1 Like

Bit of a cut about them the last couple of games

It’s their year

Whatever about the Limerick ones, some of the nominations from other counties seem even weirder this year.

I wouldn’t have said Ronan Maher was Tipp’s standout back. Damien Cahalane seems an unusual one.

Surely Cathal Malone deserved a nomination?

1 Like

Kilkenny goalkeeper is nominated largley due to one save v Clare.
He conceeded 11 goals in Championship hurling.
But his backs must have beem shite says you???
Well 2 of the Kilkenny full bcck line are also nominated. I know they have to nominate 3 in every position but if more than 1 award is dished out to the Cats before they get to number 4 on the list it will further confirm its a joke of a yoke

Kilkenny goalkeeper is a cert for an All Star

He’ll make the Gript team of the year undoubtedely

Sure lookit it will be nice for those lads to attend the dinner and meet the hall of famers up close.

3 Likes

They won’t be sitting at the top table though, afterwards photos can be arranged no problem. We will do our best to keep the game alive in the weaker counties as best we can.

1 Like

In fairness Cahalane done well enough for cork

2 Likes

Its selectors would know about as much.