GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

JP will send the helicopter

1 Like

Hogan himself was rinsed by sob in the MF… While croker plays a huge part i don’t think anyone destroyed Leen last year?

He will go in the sulky. A massive tail back behind him heading down Ormond Quay.

Hogan will get it over Downey, and hard to disagree with it.

I can’t believe Connolly didn’t get a nomination.

Blanchfield has an outside chance, he had a good year.

Did he do much after the Munster championship?

Tough on Malone

Is he not too old?

For an All-Star. He was one of the players of the Munster Championship, and had a good semi final.

Malone also very hard done by. A few guys nominated in the forwards are probably lucky.

I didn’t see he wasn’t nominated for an all star. A bit odd.

Ah yes, Kyle Hayes getting a nomination – what a shining example of modern injustice!!! :exploding_head:.

I can barely contain my outrage and now he’s just caused me to choke to death on my cornflakes :hot_face:. I mean, the guy’s basically committed every atrocity known to mankind this year!
Forget accolades, why isn’t he lounging on death row awaiting a lethal injection??
Clearly, the system has failed us if a man who’s practically decimated half the population with his bare hands isn’t being publicly lynched. :sleepy::sleepy:
Fuck this world we live in !!
Absolutely scandalous I say ! :smirk:

Clare getting 14 all star nominations is too many.they are the first team to lose two championship matches and win the all ireland.there is no way it should be 14…
i personally would have david fitzgerald as hurler of the year.he had an excellent league camaign and followed that form into championship.he was excellent in munster final scoring 4 points from play when many of his team mates did not show up…didnt have his best game in all ireland but i thought he did enough all year to get it…

as we all know in recent years all ireland day weighs heavily with the all stars which is wrong to a point.

You’re talking about giving weight to the semi-finals & finals but a lot of Clare supporters wanted Fitzgerald dropped after a few games in Munster.

Shane O’Donnell was the best hurler in the country fairly comfortably this year and will deserve the award.

Although with 14 nominations, how Malone was left out is strange; a serious player.

2 Likes

Fitz mixes the sublime with the bad. His final summoned up his year.

It’s either hit or miss with him - Fitz just lets long stretches of games pass him by. When he hits a purple patch he can hit 3 or 4 points on the trot but then can disappear for 40 or 50 odd minutes. There isn’t any real middle ground - Given his size, hurling and athleticism it is very frustrating as you can see what he can do when things are breaking for him but is incapable of working himself into things when they aren’t.

Malone is probably more deserving of an all star than Fitz over what they produced in this years championship.

3 Likes

Blanchfield missed a few games. Donnelly is our only hope.

No goalie this year. Surely we’ll get one?

The Leinster final being a non event doesn’t do Kilkenny do any favours.

Blanchfield and Donnelly the likeliest but there is a lot of competition in those areas. Would have no issue if Cian Kenny got one at midfield thought he stood out all year and was excellent for 50 odd minutes in the semi final

Putting Kelly in midfield frees up a forward slot for somebody unexpected.

Personally Kelly didn’t hurl enough to get one but they’ll give him one anyway. Cork will get the second midfield. They ran the midfield in most games.

Darragh Fitz and Kyle Hayes are hurler of the year nominees so that is a halfback and midfielder decided already.

Shane Barrett and Harnedy will be two of the forwards, Rodgers and SOD two more while TK will get one for his final performance alone. He might be put half forward to put a half back at midfield as Downey and the three Clare lads are all in the mix.

Or maybe they do something silly like put Rob Downey at full back to get four half backs in the team.

I’d expect the selectors to pick something like this
Quaid
Hogan-Downey-Leen
David Mc-Downey-Hayes
Darragh Fitz-Kelly
David Fitz-Barrett-Harnedy
Hayes-SOD-Rodgers

7 Clare
6 Cork
2 Limerick

2 Likes

Great for Cork to get a few this year! The last time they got to a final 2021, was it 13 or 14 Limerick got?!

1 Like