GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Close enough! At least a chance for a few Carkies to get recognition this year

Limericks feeling left out :rofl:

We have some silverware for the year to console us :joy:

Yeah sure are. I mean look at the amount of trophies Cork won this year. The “we bate Limerick twice “ trophy hasn’t had a rest since early July :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

I think we’ll nick a third. Dan instead of Leen maybe

Limerick’s need it to be all about Limericks :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was praising Cork!

Quaid
Hogan (YHOTY)
Dan
Downey
Dave Mc
Downey
Hayes
Darragh Fitz

David Fitz
Barrett
Harnedy
Hayes
SOD (HOTY)
Rodgers

I could also see Leen in instead of Dan. And they may ignore Harnedy and go with Hegarty.

Is she ignoring you today?

1 Like

That looks about right.

Yeah you’re shoehorning Dan Morrissey in by putting Downey at corner-back. It’ll surely be Downey at 3 and Leen in the other corner. They’ll surely find a spot for TK as well.

I wonder could TK miss out? He only came to life at the very end of the season. I doubt it but it wouldn’t shock me.

Lee Chin is another outside possibility but his form tailed off too early for me

Personally I wouldn’t give Kelly an all star
It should be measured throughout the entire season, I think it was historically but lately it’s just about the last three matches

He was let even consistently good in the final. But he was absolutely awesome when it counted. I’d give him the nod

1 Like

When you dominate the championship minutes* in the way he did, the discussion is not about an All-Star, the discussion is about whether you’ve done enough for Player Of The Year.

*new fangled cliché

2 Likes

I think we were judging him by his own standards in the Munster championship and semi-final against Kilkenny before he burst into life late on in that one. I’d still find a space for TK. Chin won’t get one, poor enough against Clare in Thurles.

1 Like

TK will receive the token ’ Tony Kelly’ all star despite over the championship other players being more deserved. Saying that, that goal in the final was one for the ages. What a player

1 Like

Always looking to knock him. He had a massively efficient year despite being injured for most of it and an all time performance in a close run all Ireland final.

4 Likes

Kelly deserves an all star on fairness.Horgan will get the sympathy all star this year