GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I get mixed up between all these Ryans - Conor, Colin etc.

Is Colin the lad that took the frees all year and barely missed any, as well as being performing very well in open play? And he didn’t get an All Star? Strewth!! I thought he was mentioned as a possible player of the year at one stage.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 857294, member: 24”]I get mixed up between all these Ryans - Conor, Colin etc.

Is Colin the lad that took the frees all year and barely missed any, as well as being performing very well in open play? And he didn’t get an All Star? Strewth!! I thought he was mentioned as a possible player of the year at one stage.[/quote]

He was. Crazy really. But sure we have to keep Dublin and Frank happy.

Farmer is spot on, Colin Ryan’s omission is bizarre in the extreme. Apart from that there’s not much you could argue with, delighted with the make up of the full backline.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 857218, member: 9”]Left half forward.

What a laugh. The Dublin media provide Dublin with 3 awards. This is known as “the Coman Goggin effect”. FFS sake.[/quote]

You are contradicting yourself FFS - unless you are taking the piss about Sutcliffe? This carry on is nearly worse than the Ripper you let last night.

Absolutely, but fair play to them for nipping in and picking one up when the big two were having an off year.

Ffs the gall of this Clare crowd. They win a handy back door All Ireland after scraping past a poor Cork team in a replay and all of a sudden 8 All Stars isn’t enough for them.

Conor Ryan? Why was he selected midfield?

The starting point for this exercise is selecting all 15 Clare players and understanding which ones should be left out. Repeat process for next 4 years

That’s a fair point. I would leave out 7 or 8 of them seen as they were bet out the gate in Munster before going through handy qualifiers and needing two attempts to see off an average Cork side.

No, Conor Ryan should be in the half back line (where he played) instead of Liam Rushe. Tony Kelly or Sutcliffe could fuck off back to midfield where they both hurled at times to allow Colin Ryan into the half forward line.

Prove it. :slight_smile:

Why???

You also have them dismissing the opinions of posters from Kerry. Sure what the fuck would an average Joe Soap from Clare know about hurling?

So you’d not give one to Kelly?

Galvin getting one is suspect. Clare getting 8 is laughable.

Conor O Sullivan losing out to McCarthy is another joke.

Agreed, I don’t think Galvin should be one of Clare’s 9

Bizarre.

Will Nash be considered after the 5 goals in the final?

And so, the brief love affair with this Clare team ends.

It’s a bit of a silly team. Did KK ever get that many? The best team if all time?

Journo’s are thick fools. Are you a Journo @Mac