GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Cillian Buckley’s effort the standout for me there.

1 Like

exactly

Just two All Stars from the eight positions from midfield up, one midfielder and a corner forward seems like a low return offensively for All Ireland Champions.

One forward slot for the champions while two each for the beaten semi finalists is a bit odd.

It’s like this Geoff :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0pCxG5Iok

@Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

Not really : To be fair you could not begrudge any winner . Tom Morrissey was unlucky but not robbed . Ditto Kyle Hayes . Gillane missed too many goal chances . I thought maybe Shane o Donnell ahead of Horgan . Horgan was good but not great this year and I am a huge admirer of him .

Kyle Hayes should have for one. A decent enough year up to the final and then a match winning Man of the Match performance in the final.

2 Likes

Yes but he was up against JC so one must be realistic .

+1. Kyle Hayes should have been centre forward on the team. The forward selection is a shambles.

They’d have to leave off Joe Canning then.

I think it’s a fair reflection of the year.

A bit dodgy naming harnedy half forward to shoe horn in hoggy. Harnedy was nominated in full forward line.

Rescued us down in cork in munster and changed the tide in the semi final. A man amongst men and head n shoulders above any other half forward in the country this year. Canning got hurler of the year for his point v tipp last year. The kyler took charge of the final in the second half. It’s an absolute scandal he didn’t get one.

2 Likes

Can soneone compile a list of YHOTY this decade and see which got all stars that year ?

Horgan disappeared in the semi final under pressure as per usual.

1 Like

Do it yourself you lazy cunt

1 Like

FFS

He did not , his midfield and half forward line was non existent for last 10 minutes and ET . That said he wasn’t great this year . I would have given Shane o Donnell one above him .

I will later .

I’ve been listening to a lot of bolox about Daragh fitzgibbon too. He’s what I like to call a show pony. A Paul pogba type of operator. I’m sure he’s impressive in 60m sprints and pulling off the odd long range point but in terms of being at the coal face when his team needed him he absolutely disappeared this year. Cian Lynch/Daragh o donovan/David Burke are miles ahead of him.

3 Likes

Two forward slots for a Clare side that Drew 1 Lost 3 of their 8 Championship matches is a lot. John Conlon after strong showings in some of the early season round robin matches faded as the season moved onto the business end.

1 Like

He missed five simple points. He’s grand in Munster below cork but on the big day he vanishes.

1 Like