GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

We pushed up on them and stopped the supply in.

He got the equalising point in regular time didn’t he from out the sideline?

I think Duggan is lucky to get in. His year will be remembered for bottling that late, crucial close in free against Galway in the replay that would have dragged them level. Clare would have probably beaten Limerick in the final too, have the Indian sign over them in recent times.

Duggan still more deserving of one than Horgan though. Disappeared when the need was greatest - that vital chance he hit off the post when Cork were under siege late in normal time in the semi final goes straight over if they are six points ahead.

I’d have gone…

Hayes, Canning, T Morrissey
Harnedy, Conlon, Mulcahy.

David Burke is an outstanding hurler and a big game player. I’d be miffed I i was from Galway and he wasn’t on it.

3 Likes

He’s twice the player of fitzgibbon. A proper hurler. Gives his all for his team. Fitzgibbon hurls for himself.

1 Like

He wasn’t great by his standards this year tbh . Looked leggy and tired . Super hurler ,

Coleman does as well.

He isn’t fit to lace Ronan Curran’s shoes. If cork are dependent on him being centre back they’re in a weak position. A complete me feiner

How any self respecting limerick hurling fan doesn’t think Kyle should be on the team of year is beyond me.

Duggan was outstanding this year, sensational at times. His season will be remembered for stepping up and becoming a real leader for his team and for the best point scored this season, will you stop talking shite.

Horgan ditto. A leader and a brilliant season, although i would have picked Harnedy in the FF line and and Kearney at half forward. Hayes and particularly Morrissey had great seasons but there are four players ahead of them for half forward all stars.

Fitzgibbon is a bit of a Tony Kelly, he’ll pick off points in space all day long and kill you when things open up but doing the nitty gritty stuff in a battle has no interest to him.

2 Likes

What age is he? Hold off on the Ronan Curran comparisons yet will you.

1 Like

We all know he should be mate. They bottled it when they gave him yhoty. Harnedy getting picked half forward when nominated full forward is a bottle job.

1 Like

He was a thundering disgrace at his own age Vs tipp this year. Going for his own score all day. Not marking his man.

That doesn’t leave you. You’re either a leader or not.

Hayes?

Will you go away out of it. Hayes was exceptional that day sweeping up ball and playing it out. It went to shit all around him and he got frustrated.

He learned from it though and was a leader at senior at 20 years of age.

You go out of your way at times to be alternative in your opinion.

2 Likes

I don’t see why you can’t support your own team but still be balanced. Lads whinging that their team didn’t get enough all stars is laughable stuff. Realistically no other limerick forward deserved one when compared to the field. Morrissey might have been picked but there were four half forwards better than him this year, plus harnedy who got picked there. Fair cop.

3 Likes

We were discussing Coleman.
It was a side pot.

You seem to only want to be balanced about non na piarsaigh Limerick players

1 Like

And if you’re going to come out with comments like this on a young lad then be prepared to turn that lens on your own team. I don’t think u21 players should take abuse like that. Coleman is a fantastic player, albeit nowhere near an all star this year.

2 Likes

Cork lost to Limerick because their half forward line were all replaced due to injury / tactics / and tiredness . They also had two glaring weaknesses in HB line and a suspect FB line . Also crucially Lk had a better bench .

To be honest linerick were poor than day and I didn’t think we would be Galway .

2 Likes

Its an individual award. Limerick won this year because they had the best 20 not the best 15 or the best player

2 Likes

You are extremely balanced when it comes to Na Piarsaigh alright.