GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Laughable comments here about a few Cork players, unbelievable ignorance on display

1 Like

Fair comment .

Exactly.

Precisely. Half of Limericks starting forwards were there to work hard, not win All Stars.

To be honest , Cork need a 3 , a 6 and another ball winning forward before they will win an AI .

1 Like

Cork had the best 15 this year. Kearney was robbed

They didn’t. Limerick had the best fifteen.

Their 15 was getting hammered by Cork until the subs came on and a few of the Cork lads got injured

That’s a nonsense point. With fourteen men they should have beat cork in Munster.

2 Likes

People seem to think cork are some sort of bench mark. It’s completely bizarre. In terms of hurling for the last fifteen years cork have been an irrelevance. Over the last four or so years galway and tipp have been the bench mark. Limericks 15 out played both those counties.

Sour grapes to say it but Harnedy, Kearney and Fitzgibbon were all gone when the game was still in the melting pot, the three best players, Cork have no panel, but the comments here re Fitzgibbon are absolutely laughable,

Bit of a difference between a group game and All Ireland semi. Limerick won the AI because of the players they could bring on, the 15 themselves aren’t that good

I’d actually agree with this. Cark fortunately having no bench at all was the deciding factor this year for me, limerick have the best panel, of that there is absolutely no doubt, though I just don’t know what to make of tipp, whether they are badly managed with too many loose cannons, or simply not as good as people make out. Those three semi finals vs galway were games for the ages though.

They were 9 points up in the final without a single sub being used.

1 Like

Cork blow up always do. Limerick knew this, only for Horgan hitting a wonder point it would have been a 1point win in Normal time. As a result of the score we bate them black and blue in extra time. Twas fascinating to watch puzzled Cark lads in hill 16 that day.

2 Likes

Galway were absolutely chronic

Cork deserve the awards they got . In fairness they have unbelievable forwards to achieve what they have when their back line has more holes in it than a sieve

3 Likes

Cork lads collapsed just like in the semi v waterford 2017. The best 15 in Ireland :joy:.

And limerick were chronic for 60 minutes versus cork and they still couldn’t beat us.

1 Like

All their best players got injured and as I already said, Limerick had great subs to bring on