GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Galway played as well as limerick allowed them to play. 3 goals game from limerick turnovers. When limerick began to tire and didn’t have the subs to replace the lads coming off galway opened up and hurled.

Yes, but Kyle Hayes did the selfless working back and preventing the opposition building a platform in their half back and midfield, yet still managed to contribute handsomely in an attacking sense with assists and scores. He was the best half forward in the country by a distance this season and this was hammered home by his display in the final. An absolutely baffling omission.

7 Likes

You didn’t.

May have been inferred or my interpretation.

Apologies for misquote

Himself and Hegarty were expected to do Trojan work from half forward this year.

Exactly. He totally shut out Paudie maher, g mc, Austin gleeson, Cillian Buckley and the cork centre back twice and when he was required popped up with vital scores. How anybody that knows anything about hurling thinks Kyle shouldn’t be on that team is beyond me.

I don’t condone anti-social behaviour but if I was a Limerick hurling man then I’d consider smashing up the PwC offices in the city tonight under the cover of darkness.

4 Likes

All Star forwards aren’t picked on “selfless working back”, they are picked on big cameo moments, pal. On that basis it would be Tom Morrissey that is marginally unluckiest to miss out, though Kyler has a great shout for one as well. He does have the YHOTY to ease the pain at least.

The all Ireland, 6 all stars, HOTY and YHOTY, and still you have some lads whinging. Embarrassing. You couldn’t make it up.

1 Like

I said he did everything. As in he had cameo moments and then imposed himself completely on opponents too. Cameo moments might include late equaliser in Cork, late point v Cork as Limerick reeled then in during normal time, did he score a goal v Waterford?, any of his 4 final points.

1 Like

You’re an awful man to be winding him up like that.

Set up the goal in the final too.

Morrissey was brilliant below in Cork too, took over the frees when Gillane was sent off and nailed all of them. Chipped in with four or five from play that night too.

Brilliant in the second half of the quarter final too. Subdued in the semi final but had a decent final also.

1 Like

Swings and roundabouts. If Peter Casey got mugged off for one you’d have your panties in a bunch.

2 Likes

Also one of the few who performed in Clare when others disappeared. Our second best forward this season after Mulcahy.

Exactly if Kyle or Tom morrissey played for Na Piarsaigh he’d want them knighted. He was quick to tell us mike Casey should get an all star earlier in the week.

Now you’re going along with the fool with anti Na P bias. Casey will win many all stars in the years to come.

I’m being balanced.

I’m pro na piarsaigh mate. As you well know. That’s a cowards belt there

1 Like

I just liked Tom Morrissey’s cameo moments better, consider his brilliant performance from play and from frees below in Stade de Frank, his Tour de France against Kilkinny in the quarter-final with that Careyesque point and his unraleable goal in the final. Was outstanding from the very start of the year too, whereas Hayes had to gradually work his back from injury.

1 Like

And for mishitting scorable frees in two tight games

1 Like

I’m not anti Na pairsigh at all your just completely bias. I think a balanaced view on everything.