GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I think Harmedy was outstanding against Limerick. His injury saved us. Kearney was superb but Limerick were not pushing up making it easier to pick him. The Cork side are far better than I thought. Dan Morrissey was very poor that day and gave Lehane way too much space. We got very lucky against Cork, they shat their togs six points up, the more experienced team and they could not close it out. Limerick will only get better. Limerick, Clare and Cork to get out of Munster next year.

Teams like Cork and Clare with their small, nippy lads who work the ball between the lines pose the most problems to us. We’ve no real sprinters in the half backline so struggle against sides who patiently knit moves together to create overlaps and openings.

In nearly all the games this year against sides who play a relatively traditional style - Tipp, Kilkenny, Galway - we’ve more than held our own and dominated for spells against all three to various extents.

2 Likes

Truth be told, there is a valid case for swapping the Morrisey brothers on the all star team. Dan was fairly cleaned the last 20 minutes against Kilkenny and the whole half back line were gash again Cork in the semi.
Just sayin is all

We should have beaten all of the “traditional style” teams by a lot more. Seamus Hickey kept Tipp in the game, Eoin Murphy kept KK in it, and we almost pucked it away against Galway.

Himself and Harnedy were miles ahead of the rest.

That’s what I mean, we actually have the players to win their individual battles and beat most teams in an orthodox 15 v 15.

Against possession oriented sides packed with skillful midgets we struggle a bit.

Cork didn’t shit their togs in the last ten minutes . That is over simplistic . They made errors , gassed a bit , Couple of injuries , probably a couple of bad decisions went against them & problems in the core of their defence was exposed for a finish .

2 Likes

I’d say gassed a bit is understatement of the year. No bench. Completely ran out of steam, with nothing to bring on. First 15 left everything out there that they had to give.

3 Likes

There’s actually huge similarities between the Cork game and the last ten minutes of the final

Limerick lads putting on the poor mouth now. You couldn’t make it up.

1 Like

Back to what matters, the celebrations.

A day long session starting at 1pm is scheduled for the visit of the cup to kilteely on saturday 1st December.
Christmas starts right there. Might need to take the Monday off.

5 Likes

By god

4 Likes

Commentator’s eye.

Letting Dublin have that many uncontested kickouts is mental behavior from all their opponents

A trained chimp could kick out some of those ones.

They forgot to put in points scored!

I think it went without saying that one.

Outstanding from James Skehill all year. 133 puck outs lost :smile:

Bizaree the limerick keeper or the half forward line from limerick made the all star given how crucial puckouts are in the modern game.