GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Gillane has been ok this championship . Not even in Lk best 5 performers

Finn 20/1. Great player and a lot of hype behind him even if full back line players rarely win these awards

What am I missing here? I think Hannon is the outstanding limerick candidate, there are a number of much inferior players placed ahead of him. If Tipp win, or possibly even if they only reach the final, it’s callanan’s. Ditto Horgan with cork, chin with wexford and Reid kk, but kk won’t make it. Brendan Maher? Get out of here.

Agree.

Brendan Maher has had an excellent championship

1 Like

That said 2 big shows in Croke Park and he deserves it . He had an outstanding league to be fair .

He has but I don’t think he’s threatening hurler of the year.

There are 5 more games to go and these will decide who gets the gongs .

Of course, anything could happen but based on what we’ve seen some of that looks odd.

Ronan Maher has been more consistent than the brother.

Horgan or Hayes

It isn’t a list of who’s been the best so far, there’s a fair element of guesswork involved

That’s kind of my point.

1. MBB getting involved earnestly in the all stars discussion now that Laois might get a few nominations
1 Like

My dream would be for a lot of the limerick players to refuse these gongs and not even turn up at ceremony. It’s against the ethos of the gaa.

Up for the match even got a bump tonight

Will you stop being so fucking needy .

5 Likes

It’s a team game and there’s no need for individual awards. It’s also an amateur sport.

How does Cian Lynch even make this list? One half decent game against a team who gave up and he’s in contention for an all star apparantly :rofl:

Making it out of the robin round probably helps