GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

There are only about 3 players eligible for YHotY still in the competition.

I’d be willing to bet that both Kyle & ROC are nominated, with Adrian Mullen as the third.

True there is a small pool to fish from but from now on will decide who wins every gong .

Whats the criteria for YPOTY? Once Mark Kavanagh sobers up and hits another 12 points against Dublin, he’ll walk it.

I think you have to be under 21. Don’t know if the criteria will change this year with the grade changing. Is Kavanagh under 21?

Paddy Smyth of Dublin and Downey of Cork are the only other ones eligible left. Clare had Diarmuid Ryan who gave a few decent displays.

1. He’ll be grand so, he’ll just have to go for HOTY.
  1. Lads talking in earnest about All Stars :smile:
  2. Lads talking in earnest about All Stars in fucking July :laughing:
2 Likes

A couple of big performances for Downey could bring him into contention but I feel like it’s easier for the others to stand out.

Ryan is good but his performances in Championship are already below the level of ROC & Kyle.

I really do see a Joe McDonagh player winning HOTY though, its gonna happen.

Not a hope in hell. Invisible sure.

Full back for westmeath looks some hurler. Huge man.

Wasn’t Noel McGrath replaced on 53 minutes having been completely ineffectual on Sunday?

2 Likes

Dismantled. Cian Lynch puts in a performance in the semi final and he’s a shoe in.

Paddy Smyth is a really good defender .

1 Like

Yes but also gave four outstanding displays. Wasn’t Hegarty left off the Limerick team for the first Tipp match and a rookie from Cork fairly nullied him as well before being subbed off after 50 odd minutes, doesn’t really detract from the three other top class performances he gave.

1 Like

Most underrated player in the country in my opinion.

I don’t know about that but he is good .

Fair play for spotting Paddy. He has been quietly excellent all year.

That’s the smartphone generation, their heads are wired wrong and can’t remember what happened last week