GAA All Star Wars

Hard to argue with that, he was better than P Walsh.

Fair call

Liam Ryan had to have been very close. Padraig Walsh is a bit of a hurling media darling. Iā€™d have Conor McDonald instead of Colin Fennelly as well. Two is very light for Wexford. I thought they had a good shout for 4 or 5.

Iā€™d have given Rowland the goalkeeper. They could have given goalkeeper to 4 or 5 different fellows and there wouldnā€™t have been too many quibbles. No stand out goalkeeper. Spread it around a bit and give Laois only a second hurling All Star. Rowland would have deserved it on merit anyway even without a sympathy vote. I thought Hogan had a poor outing against Wexford.

1 Like

Agreed, Eoin Murphy would feel extremely aggrieved.

Overall the 4 Tipp backs is surely a major oversight given the high scores they conceded along the way .
Would think O ā€™ Hanlon at least worth a half back slot for overall consistency.

O Hanlon probably the most consistent of the lot but when making way for him youā€™d have to consider that P Walsh didnā€™t down tools in a provincial final.

He waited til the All Ireland final to down tools along with his teammates

Royā€™s overwrought tweets about Dublin show no sign of abating.

4 Likes

Roy would be a lovely addition to this forum

Thereā€™s a market here for whimsical nonsense

1 Like

Final unfortunately was all about a reffing decision, weā€™ve been through that already.

I genuinely think 4 Tipp backs is not reflective of the years performance, if it helps at all quelling any Tipp/KK bias I might be perceived to have - Iā€™d have no issue with Bubbles or Mcgrath in there ahead of Fennely. In particular when they accommodated Fennely at wing forward.

Iā€™d have Forde ahead of those two tbh

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Calling @carryharry

Totally forgot him, the flaw of being Mr. Consistency I suppose.

Horgan is getting the nod mostly on the KK performance , granted it was on a losing team but Bubbles put in 2/3 of those performances throughout the year.

Both players of the year renowned for their effective diving

Itā€™s been the crux of everything that has gone wrong in the world ever since, the rubby and the sacar have been really rattled by it!

Bubbles dip v Limerick, scored heavily other than that, v good 2nd half semi and final, sublime v Cork, hard done by really. Hogan no way

Interesting to see Tipp get 5 out of 7 backs/GK considering they got hammered by Limerick in the Munster final and shipped 3 goals to Wexford in the semi. For their firepower and insane scoring up front they definitely deserved another forward such as Bubbles over Fennelly or Gillane, but on the other side of the pitch they conceded a rake as well

2 Likes

O Hanlon is very hard done by. I thought he was immense against Reid x 2 this season and Reid was a forerunner for HOTY. He also stood out against Tipp. Padraig Maher was lucky I thought. Think teams navigated around him successfully at times and his influence had declined somewhat this season. Bubbles I thought can count himself unlucky. He was magnificent at times especially against Wexford and killed off the Kilkenny challenge in the AI.

For frees??

1 Like

ā€œLuke Kelly with a ballā€ the fuck does that even mean

2 Likes

Who got the man of the match in the two hurling semi finals this year ??