GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

Kilkenny are very overrated here. They’re at a very low ebb at the moment.

That’s a really stupid fucking argument. They’d have no final to play in if it wasn’t for Quaid, but that doesn’t mean he was the best keeper. They wouldn’t have won if it wasn’t for the Dow and his impact off the bench, but that doesn’t mean he was the best full forward or whatever this year. Make the case for their position, but Duignans argument is stupid

8 Likes

Disappointing haul there in the All Stars for Limerick, in fairness.

1 Like

They were never going to get more than 6 Fagan.
And when you considers Dublins 7 in the football after cakewalking there way to the title, it’s a fair achievement.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s a little extra impetus for the players to “drive it on” again next year.

I thought it was a fairly accurate figure, given the year that 2018 was in hurling quality.

It’s the nature of the new format.

More games means players get to showcase their talents. Tipp and Waterford didn’t get out of Munster and had 4 games. That’d go along way to winning you an all Ireland in previous years

1 Like

The nature of the new championship structure also means the winners will get less all stars than usual from now on.

2 Likes

Where are the picture s of the girlfriends?

Do the gaa ladies have their own awards?

Some pics in this.

For me, Crummey wins out in this selection.

Compensated by HOTY and YHOTY. Can’t complain with the year we had.

3 Likes

Cillian Buckley’s effort the standout for me there.

1 Like

exactly

Just two All Stars from the eight positions from midfield up, one midfielder and a corner forward seems like a low return offensively for All Ireland Champions.

One forward slot for the champions while two each for the beaten semi finalists is a bit odd.

It’s like this Geoff :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0pCxG5Iok

@Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

Not really : To be fair you could not begrudge any winner . Tom Morrissey was unlucky but not robbed . Ditto Kyle Hayes . Gillane missed too many goal chances . I thought maybe Shane o Donnell ahead of Horgan . Horgan was good but not great this year and I am a huge admirer of him .

Kyle Hayes should have for one. A decent enough year up to the final and then a match winning Man of the Match performance in the final.

2 Likes

Yes but he was up against JC so one must be realistic .