GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

Football is not very interesting.

1 Like

Much like Sidney, evidently.

1 Like

I think I hear the sound of a pot calling out from somewhere in the direction of Clare

1 Like

That was a lovely tale well told. I was out in the car listening to Seascapes there later. They had a very interesting piece on beached whales.

2 Likes

Seascapes is a great piece of radio .

The sharp loud musical interludes on the Brian Carty show are annoying .

Good review

Come to think it, apart from the usual “deh-deh-deh-deh-deh-deh…deh” musical interludes (recycled from early 90s Sunday Sport) I’m sure at one stage a miscellaneous piece of music accidentally played for a couple seconds while somebody was talking. It was just after the Kevin Walsh interview. I’m surprised that a slick, big budget production like “The Championship” would have a gremlin get into the system like that.

I enjoyed Woolie and PTG’s shut down of a preview show above in Errigal the other day. Away to fuck with that shite, what sort of cunt would even listen to it.

A rale damp squib of a weekend to launch the football championship as well. Updates from London and Noo Yawk coming in over the radio.

The Connacht football championship has a rare gift - it can make two of the great cities of the world, London and New York, seem very boring.

The Father Stone Wall of provincial championships.

Surely we will get Marty reporting on the banks of the Thames or the Hudson .

Last year the NY v Leitrim first round game made for fabulous radio .

3 Likes

He’s in New York.

Expect the roaster thread to be hectic this weekend as 10,000 Mayo fans descend on NY.

There are already more that 10k Mayo GGA followers in NYC

If the county wins, club games made them sharp, if they lose, club games had them burnt out.

1 Like

It probably did to the neutral. To the invested however, it was coronary inducing.
Noel Plunkett with the winner iirc.

2 Likes

half of them will be illegals living there. Trump’s troops should swoop…

1 Like

There are 30 men on this panel. No one person is better then the other.

The GAA are very bad to market the start of their championships

They’re much too busy on social media monitoring clubs twitter feeds for inappropriate content

2 Likes