GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

How can Jonathan glynn be registered to a new york club and play for Galway?

Clever move to start the Munster hurling championship on the same afternoon as the final games of a Premier League title race that has transfixed the nation

Maybe Uachtar Reoite Cumman Luthchleas Gael John Horan will be on Friday’s edition of “The Championship” with Brian Carthy to remind us that the sort of people who like the stick stick are not the same people who are interested in Liverpool Football Club, in a similar way to how he said that there was no problem in clashing Kerry v Galway with the World Cup final as there was no crossover in terms of interest

Are you a tipp man?

Whats the issue with it?

3 Likes

Them Tipp lads will find an avenue to grass up Johnny .

2 Likes

You can play for your home county no matter what club you play for. You don’t see it as much anymore, but it was a regular enough thing before, lot of lads playing for Dublin clubs and still lining out for their home county.

How can anyone not be aware of this?

Shur half of fucking Laois was in Parnells at one stage.

Really?

That’s mental

Their bar must have been good those years

Seamus O’Carroll of Limerick football “fame” is playing for Castleknock the last few years

Doubtful, a more hateful shower of cunts you couldn’t find.

Not us Laois lads, we were tremendous fun.

I understand you can play for clubs in dublin and play for your home county but didnt think that applied to clubs in new york.

Offaly hurlers used to have a sub [Tom Conneely I think was his name] who was listed as being attached to St Gabriel’s in London.

You’ve been rumbled you cheese eating rat bastard

1 Like

New York is just another county sure. No different to Dublin.

We played a London team one time who brought a lad on in the second half, possibly from the Midwest, who was remarkably good for a sub. The lad to whom his name was attached was, however, home in London in bed after a hard night out. We didn’t complain despite the injustice.

Brian Carthy - ‘Few rivalries in sport match that of Roscommon and Mayo’

Seriously?

3 Likes

@juniorrossie?

The Rossies are poisonous cunts.

7 Likes

I heard that earlier. Christ what drivel