GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

Cliche: Using a bank holiday weekend as an excuse for poor attendances.

I can recall when Dublin v Meath attracted 82k and 78k on bank holiday weekends and Limerick and Clare packing out Thurles on a bank holiday weekend and Clare and Tipp packing out Pairc Ui Chaoimh on a bank holiday weekend and the All-Ireland football quarter-finals being scheduled for a bank holiday weekend because a bank holiday weekend would maximise attendances.

1 Like

Dead rubber

1 Like

Gaelic football is shit to watch these days.

You won’t see that in soccer or rugby.

Kerry underperforming and generally underwhelming in earlier rounds causing people to doubt their credentials and before you know it they are in the All Ireland final.

2 Likes

Just the way the cute fuckers want it.

Hoores

Live coverage of GAA on a summer Sunday being immediately followed by a James Bond film.

6 Likes

Embracing the grind

Like clockwork.

True

The Kerrys and Dublins of this world

This guy fucks

1 Like

‘From when we first met this year we set out our stalls early’

“Player X had too much time there” as the miss an easy chance.

At least three times today, I’ve heard the line “Look, I hadn’t a clue who we were playing in the Leinster championship - we were just focused on getting the job done out there today.”
I call bullshit.

1 Like

When a kick for a point in Gaelic football is taken and as soon as it leaves the boot is obviously destined to fall short into the square, everybody immediately thinks and often says “there’s a goal here”.

(Probably true) Cliché: “The point attempt that falls short is the most dangerous ball in Gaelic football.”

“On the ground”, as in “what it needs is more people on the ground to promote hurling”.

“We didn’t learn a lot about (Team X) today.”

“It’s hard to read anything into today, to be honest.”

“There are a lot of question marks about (Team X).”

“The jury is still out…”

2 Likes

“Player X has been a great find”

1 Like