GAA Club Championships

Good win for Ballyboden today - beat Bandage’s beloved Oulart at Parnell Park. St Vincent’s drew with Senchelstown.

Dromore beat Mayobridge in Ulster which means Oisn McConville will be marked by Ryan McMenamin - intersting given McConville’s comments in his book.

WoW: explain the Kerry championship to me again. I know there’s regional representation but Kilcummin won in the Munster championship today while at the same time Feale Rangers were beating South Kerry in the county final.

Feale Rangers and South Kerry are divisional teams. Divisional teams aren’t allowed in the Cub Championship (since the 1970’s i believe).

Kilcummin are a club team and were beaten in the Semi-Final by Feale Rangers, so as the club team to survive the longest in the championship they get the right to represent Kerry in Munster.

The whole divisional teams v. club teams thing has it’s pros & cons. But it works for Kerry

Ah right I assumed Feale Rangers was a club team because it doesn’t sound regional. If two club teams lose in the semi-finals to two regional teams do they play off to see who goes into the Munster championship?

Oulart-The Ballagh were 0-09 to 0-04 up at half time so they can’t have any real complaints having been outscored 1-13 to 0-06 in the second half. It’s a big disappointment for them as they were very focused on finally winning a Leinster title this year having never done so previously. By extension it’s also quite a disappointment for Wexford hurling generally given the number of county players on the Oulart side.

They weren’t tested at all in Wexford but it’s been a common theme in the past that they can be a little bit brittle if the pressure and intensity is raised to maximum levels. That’s what appeared to happen yesterday with Boden really stepping it up in the second half. But still a team like Oulart with the likes of Paul Roche, Darren Stamp, Keith Rossiter, Michael and Rory Jacob, Des Mythen and Stephen Doyle should have enough experience to press on and win a game like yesterday.

Fair play to Boden though and their two Wexford players - Mal Travers and Enda Kinsella. The latter could earn himself a call-up to the Wexford squad if he keeps progressing.

therock67 wrote:

Ah right I assumed Feale Rangers was a club team because it doesn’t sound regional. If two club teams lose in the semi-finals to two regional teams do they play off to see who goes into the Munster championship?

Feale Rangers are from the Listowel/North Kerry area.

I cant remember that above situation happening before. But what has happened before is that there is a Club County Championship. But due to the County teams’ success in recent years (i.e. still playing in September) there hasn’t been time to run this competition. Previously the winners of this club competition represented the county in the Munster Club Championship.

Big win for Birr yesterday over Ballyhale. Ballyboden just about got through against Camross too and those two meat in the Leinster final.

Vincent’s beat Senchalstown by 5 points (thanks to a late Mossie Quinn goal).

two more All-Irelands for Kilkenny clubs at the weekend. Clara and Thomastown

Simpleton cunt

Might be posted elsewhere, but James McGarrys young lad that picked up the Liam MC with Shefflin played in goal for TTown. Time flies.

Yea, he was sub goalie all year but the No.1 got a straight red in the semis. He played well enough for a young lad his age. Thomastown should have won by more. They were well on top but couldn’t put the game away.

What age is he?

Nobody outside of Clara and Thomastown really cares

FAO Kinvara’s Passion

I hear that Kinvara are after getting a big addition in the hurling this year. A lad who will relish the timbering that takes place in South East Galway

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 737874, member: 1137”]FAO Kinvara’s Passion

I hear that Kinvara are after getting a big addition in the hurling this year. A lad who will relish the timbering that takes place in South East Galway[/quote]

Would that be that particular mulloking gentleman be from the foothills of slieve bernagh close to the playground of Limericks crime gangs?

He tells me they have him pencilled in to play full back. He is a mean bollix on the pitch, should be a good addition, serious committed clubman

Good.

A mean bastard will do is nicely.

Interesting to see how he’ll fare in training games. A few of lads will be edging to get a crack at him.

An outsider coming in can bring out the best in the natives I find.

Im out of the scene myself but I reckon our lack of forwards will stop us from going beyond a quarter final and thats being optimistic.

Todsy? Heard that a few weeks back

Yeah, is after building a house up there and the wife had their first kid a few weeks back. He will be a loss

Yup, very good club player, you’d have thought he’d try to keep playing with the twins as long as he could, surprised he didn’t give it one more year