GAA Congress 2020 - Larry boy is Boss now

Sean was a tremendous President

1 Like

He got rule 42 done.

1 Like

Very progressive, a smart man. The All Ireland Club Championships are his greatest legacy

And the Rackard/Ring Cups

1 Like

And tweeting a picture of himself ateing a burger after voting to leave refugees drown in the Mediterranean

2 Likes

I must have missed that Congress.

Was he President of the GAA when he did that?

Give him the job.

No. But it doesn’t make the behaviour any less cuntish.

1 Like

When is the vote?

1 Like

Tomorrow night

1 Like

Stop making straw men

Burns favours removing the National Flag from games and doing away with the playing of the National Anthem. An Ireland’s Call merchant and a castle catholic. He’s Dick Clerkin with a bit more profile.

Larry McCarthy is a sound skin. I hope he wins.

5 Likes

To be fair the anthem should be kept purely for comedy value. I love the Father Ted style recording they have at Tullamore. And of course the moderately attractive blonde young ladies in Ulster butchering it over an echoey PA system is a wonderful little tradition. Sure we have an entire thread dedicated to laughing at the anthem here.

Which that prick Nickey Brennan completely undermined by moving the finals to earlier in the year rather than as curtain raisers for the All Ireland hurling semi finals. Heaven forbid the Kilkenny minors wouldn’t get to play in Croker.

1 Like

This is the problem with the system. The next man in can undo anything that has gone on before.

The count of the second ballot for GAA President-elect is in

The ballot is is 276 delegates so the quota is 139 votes.

Jarlath Burns 92

Larry McCarthy 88

Jim Bolger 55

Mick Rock 41

No candidate has achieved the quota so we will go to a third ballot.

Are you out canvassing for Larry?

A few notes have been passed around the floor. They’ll do what they’re told if they know whats good for them.