GAA Congress 2020 - Larry boy is Boss now

The day @myboyblue has been dreading for years

Between him and Cark/New Yark’s Larry by all accounts

2 Likes

And so it is, just like you said it would be

He’s not there yet. The fella from New York sounds like he’s actually qualified to run a sporting organisation though so that’ll probably rule him out

1 Like

Jarlath Burns will be a great GAA president. Which is like saying that Gay Byrne did a great job in his ceremonial role as head of the Road Safety Authority.

He’ll be great because he won’t try to be great, unlike the previous five or six simpletons who have held the role. And also because he’s not a simpleton.

2 Likes

Jarlath is like the son in Succession who has all his plans laid out and thinks it’s all coming to him.

Motions 33 & 36 catch my eye. Centralised control of the club fixtures.

He’s a cork man so may have the support of Frank. If that’s the case, he’ll get in. He’s been doing serious canvassing the past year.

The Rock’s oul fella will have to fall out first.

1 Like

He’s in

That’s what I was saying :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Burns might be better though,who knows

There was a long interview with him on Newstalk last night, he was well able to answer everything, good speaker tbf.

Whether that’s actually any use as t-Uachtarán is another thing entirely

1 Like

gerry o sullivan will walk this
Frank’s sword as swung

1 Like

Jerry is a decent oul skin, but he hasn’t a hope of being elected, kid. It’s between McCarthy and Burns. The 2nd preferences of Jerry, Bolger & Rock will decide it.

Jim Bolger would be your typical GAA President. Be some laugh to see him beat out the cunt Burns

The Yank lad has put in a phenomenal campaign, travelling the globe.

Who was the last decent GAA President? Horan and O’Fearghail were/are useless. To be honest three years is too short of a stint, should be five years IMO.

Sean Kelly I’d say. In fairness the GAA is like the USA. You could shave a monkey and put him in a suit and make him President and the organization would chug along regardless

2 Likes

Didn’t Jarlath Burns once commend the Carraher family from South Armagh for taking on the British Army from their own kitchen, or words to that effect?

Nobody in that race fit to fill John Horan’s shoes unfortunately.

Jarlath might be a bit Marmite to pick up a lot 2nd preferences. I can see Larry falling away at the last but he is going better than I ever imagined an overseas candidate would.