GAA continue their disgraceful treatment of Wexford

Hardly a surprise after the witch hunt they launched on some of our players last year.

Big blow to the footballers.

From hoganstand.com:

Kinsella quits Wexford
27 March 2007

Wexford football is reeling following the decision of midfielder Diarmuid Kinsella to quit the county panel.

The Castletown club is moving to Hong Kong a decision he took in the wake of failing to have an eight-week ban lifted. Kinsella received the suspension after being sent off for kicking a Tipperary opponent in the NFL clash at Wexford Park on February 11.

Kinsella appealed the ban and Tipperary player Michael Phelan even turned up to vindicate him, but to no avail. The Wexford star says he feels let down by the GAAs disciplinary system and admitted that the treatment he received played a big part in his decision to move abroad.

I started to go for a ball and we kind of cut across and bumped off each other but the linesman reported me to the referee for striking with force, he said.

If I felt I did something wrong, I wouldnt have appealed. In fairness to Michael Phelan, he did a very decent thing and came up for the appeal.

It was shortly after that the opportunity to go to work in Hong Kong arose. I hadnt thought about it beforehand. It wasnt my sole reason for going, but with everything that had happened I just felt let down because I had done nothing wrong.

He added: The GAA expect amateur players to give up so much but your season can be ruined for something innocuous. It just put things into perspective for me.

Kinsella will leave Ireland in five weeks to take up a position with Morgan Stanley investment bank.