GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Micko couldn’t do 5 in a row with a much better group of players.

1 Like

Yerra shur he was robbed. Yerra and wasn’t it great Matt Connor won an All Ireland.

Yerra.

He did. The embarassment of riches made it much easier than it would have otherwise been.

1 Like

Weren’t Kerry cleaning up all sorts of unauthorised sponsorship back in the 70s and 80s?

Adidas was one anyway.

Mind you a lot of that probably went into Micko’s pocket.

Bendix was another

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkXxDirCcAAAaHw.jpg

You reckon Kerry were pulling in the same money from a few washing machines as Dublin have in the past decade?! Are you for real :grinning:

Berno nearly retired without playing a championship game outside of Croke Park.

Yawn.

Mondays can be tough, no doubt. I’ll let you slide.

Whatever about Gavin going and it’s consequences for Dublin next year and beyond, Cluxton is the key I think. He manages the team on the field and while he is still the number 1 it’s hard to see any team beating them.

1 Like

Ah he’s still only a goalie mate.

Kerry went damn near last year with a young team.

I think Gavin’s departure is sufficient for them bridging the gap a year on.

1 Like

They didn’t really. Dublin would have beat them handily with a full 15 the first day and beat them handily the second day

I’m sorry but this is such nonsense. It’s like if the horse jumped the last he’d have won. The player was sent off because he got utterly roasted by Clifford. The way people go on you’d swear dublin we’re down to 14 due to the roll of the dice.

3 Likes

Kerry pushed Dublin very close. They were naive in some aspects on both days but they really should have won the first day. Missed penalty and another relatively easy goal chance went a begging.

Handy wouldn’t be a phrase I would use for either match, with or without the sending off.

Only for Deegan, Kerry wouldn’t have made a final.

Only for Gough, they would never have got a second shot. Even Lane was giving them everything in the first half of the replay.

They were down because of poor decision making by Cooper. They were by far the better team when 15 vs 15 in both games

1 Like

Deciding to foul because you’ve been skinned is called “bad decision making”?

1 Like

Kerry missed a good few goal chances early on in the drawn game. They had Dublin in serious bother.

Deciding to pull a man down under no immediate danger while on a yellow card is poor decision making yes. Would you disagree?