GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

A team caught between two stools.

Be interesting to see if this Okunbur is any good. We’ve yet to have a black lad make any real impact in GAA yet.

Sean Óg

3 Likes

Joey Cunningham

Peter Withnell?

16 Likes

This deserves many many likes

1 Like

I don’t like Keane,there’s being a yearra and there this guy.He takes it to a whole new level.

8 Likes

I can’t imagine any of the players would say to his face ‘You were done’ they’re not complete cunts.

Mayo?

It does happen, Davy & Justin with the Waterford hurlers are another example. But they went to the press themselves and were open about it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Keane the only one who said that the players had his back. I don’t remember any of them coming out and saying they’d liek to see him retained as manager.

He had 3 attempts at it and couldn’t get the job done. He was fortunate to get a 3rd year at all after the Cork debacle last year.

Not to mention having some of the best forward talents in the game. If he’d sorted out the defence, or looked like he was then fair enough. I can’t see how he has any complaints.

3 Likes

They’ve been keeping the heads down since the defeat.

It’s not their job to influence management decisions, they seemed to stay out of that decision as they should do. Whether they supported him or not is another question, Keane says they did and I suppose nothing to the contrary has been reported yet.

He’s being a bit unfair on the county board there. He got three years at it and didn’t deliver Sam Maguire, so in Kerry you won’t get more chances than that. It wasn’t even the imperious Dublin team that knocked them out this year. And I think he was damn fortunate to get a third year after being knocked out by Cork in 2020.

4 Likes

I’d have a little bit of sympathy in that two of the seasons were Covid interrupted seasons but it should probably have benefitted Kerry more than anyone.

Keane should go away and reflect, perhaps take a walk in the mountains

4 Likes

It didn’t do Tyrone any harm and they riddled with it

More from a lack of training and games. Certainly makes Dooher and Logan’s achievement all the more impressive.

played minor and under 21, decent half forward but never in the shake up to be a kerry senior

1 Like

Cahirciveen now Listry?

yep, dont think he ever played with Listry