GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Mercenary, spoofer and ego are the three words that immediately come to mind about GB. Monaghan county board would be better off burning the money that they are about to hand over to him.

1 Like

I think BOI’s sponsorship of Crokes at the time was dependent on Gabriel being at the helm

1 Like

Is there many on the circuit going from place to place that aren’t ?

7 Likes

Ah lads would say the same about Cian O Neill but he has a had success everywhere he went. Been involved in some amount of AI finals.

That’s a lovely video mate. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

^^^

I was working in BOI at the time that video surfaced & I remember thinking to myself…

…the only way that would have been produced & distributed by marketing was if yer man Bannigan pushed for it himself.

And in Ireland that kind of self-promotion doesn’t sit easily with cynics like myself.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/cahairokane1/status/1837044066992677364?s=46

If I was Rory Gallagher I’d clear my name and then walk off into the sunset.

Nice hat

How would you manage that? Kill the witnesses?

2 Likes

Sorry.

From what I’m reading he’s clearing his name.

I don’t think spitting on the hands whilst footin’ turf has the same sorta buzz as it does on the sideline of the Hogan Stand. He’s addicted to the buzz, and reluctantly I would admit that he has improved significantly as a manager with every team he’s managed. There’s an all ireland in the fella, if he keeps at it. I have a feeling Jones Road will cockblock him, out of fear of losing their family-friendly image.

1 Like

I wouldn’t disagree with you with a lot of points but never underestimate the power of the screaming Mary’s.

It’ll make things very difficult for the players too.

1 Like

Those damn screaming Mary’s, complaining about wife beating

1 Like

He said he’s going to clear his name.

Of what? Vowels?

Rry Gllghr?

All about the players too though you either have them or you don’t

Just happens that the good people get asked to get involved with good teams.

Are their any senior intercounty football jobs vacant apart from Derry who have ruled him out?

Clare Westmeath

He’d be a great fit for Waterford.

1 Like