GAA Parish Rule

yup

So any player can move from any club to another within the county?

Are you clear on the parish rule?

No parish rule in Ennis, Clonmel, Limerick City, Waterford City, Thurles, Carrick on Suir & Galway city to name but a few urban areas where it doesn’t apply.

He is referring to urban areas.

Perhaps it’s you who are not clear on the rule after your “definitive” statement above.

Never ever heard about any of this. Quite strange.

So a player from Na Piarsaigh who has played with them all his life at say 23 can up sticks and move to Monaleen?

Moanaleen is outside the city boundary i believe, not 100% certain, but he could join any of the other city sides alright

I’m totally wrong about my interpretation of it so.

check out the rules kev namely 6 to 6.11 whihc sets out the parameters for player eligibilty and transfers.

Every county also has a right to invoke bye laws on their own.

i know this due to my esteemed title as An Runai

would i have been given a Cork version?

perhaps i owuldnt be au fait with the crok rules you can find the official guide on www.gaa.ie

It’s not too rigid in the city.
There have been a few examples of lads switching teams within the city.
I played with Niall Bergin underage with the Village. He moved to Loughlins then.
Not sure if his younger brother ever played with the Village. The Skeehan twins also moved from the Village to Loughlins.

I think the Village have a lad on their team this year who moved in from the country. Graiguenamanagh I think.

Two and a half years and nearly 15 posts later :clap: :clap:

I’ve finally gained some respect for you Kev. The older Kev would have stayed and argued that everyone else was wrong. Australia must be softening you up.

What else is there to it that’s not being printed? Presumably there’s some family issue like the young lads uncle not buying a club raffle ticket from a county board official or something like that.

I can understand this carry on at adult level where the club have invested in the player since they started playing but ffs the lads are only 8 and 14 and only want to move because all their friends play there. Is there no common sense down there at all? To me the parish rule should or any other rule regarding who players can play for should not be used for any player up to the age of 15. Once they are over 15 then enforce these rules.

Well urban areas and kilmallock. Monaleen are indeed outside the city boundary although they are hardly a great example of working inside the transfer laws

Its being discussed now on liveline.

Well urban areas and kilmallock. Monaleen are indeed outside the city boundary although they are hardly a great example of working inside the transfer laws

And abbeyfeale of course

I’d be of the opinion that they should be able to play for their home parish or the parish they attend school in. Not sure why the county board are being so intransigient* here.

The annual raft of Wexford town transfers are generally entertaining. You’re guaranteed some absolutely baffling transfers every single year. But it’s nice of Clonard to act as a feeder club to the Sarsfields on occasion. :clap:

• Is this a word and have I used it in the correct context?