The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Saabs haven’t been made for donkeys years.

I’ve no idea.

I remember years ago when working with a Shannon RFC player, he sold five of us a ticket, I think it was for £100 for a draw for a Saab. Whatever happened I don’t know but the draw was never made, and despite asking, we never got our money back. It was a running joke for a while.

I didn’t catch the reg of Clohessey’s Saab but I’m guessing it might have been that one.

not a thread

@Juhniallio made that quip 29 days ago mate @artfoley

he made a quip, im the thread adjudicator

Former Louth manager and current county board chairman (and TD and millionaire by all accounts) Peter Fitzpatrick.

When: this evening.

Where: at the North East Runners Dundalk (NERDs) training session.

Info: he’s a fit man, went flying past me (wouldn’t take a lot) at one stage in a manner akin to @Gavrilo-Princip in his pomp at a race (I resisted any Joe Sheridan comments). No doubt he’s tuning himself up for the local 5km at the end of the month that he organises each year for local charities. It’s a sign of how grounded the man is that he names the race after himself. The Fitzer 5km may also be where that fat Tipp cunt @caulifloweredneanderthal lines out for the Fast February Five (if Mrs @caulifloweredneanderthal is off work).

I await your adjudication @Locke

5 Likes

A tap-in mate.

Spot!

1 Like

Great adjudication. Great thread.

A tremendous Louth accent also

The Europa Conference League of celeb spotting threads.

1 Like

Dick Turpin without the maaaask.

I saw Big Devin Toner today. He’s very tall.

2 Likes

Too Tall Toner

Spotted Wexford hurling talisman Rory O’Connor this morning and had a brief yet pleasant (from my perspective) conversation with him.

I was heading into The Orange Goat in Killester for a coffee at the completion of my 7km run this morning when I spotted ROC parking his car outside and going around to open the passenger door for his companion in a gentlemanly fashion.

I ordered an americano and was waiting for it when the duo entered the establishment and Rory ordered two (2) americanos. I was then prompted to collect my drink from the counter and ROC was served his drinks quickly after me. He was wearing a grey top and black/navy tracksuit bottoms and trainers.

Standing side by side by the milks/sugar/lids/spoons/sticks section provided me with ample opportunity to say hello and wish him good luck for the championship season ahead.

As a fellow high performance athlete, I know it’s not ideal to have strangers engaging you in sport related chit chat during downtime on match/event week so I kept it light and brief. He was polite and engaging but very respectful to the opposition in Leinster.

I went away delighted to have spoken to my favourite Wexford hurler since Larry O’Gorman.

31 Likes

great to see people rejecting lattes for environmental reasons

1 Like

That’s a beautifully told spot all day long mate :clap:

That’s a spot!

Real men drink Americanos.

1 Like

Real men drink double espressos.

Americanos are the coffee equivalent of fruit cordial.

2 Likes