GAA Rule Changes

They should send off the lad for ten mins plus another lad at the discretion of the opposition.
Thatā€™d be some crac

I think it does. If an attacker looks like scoring a goal he is routinely dragged to the ground by a defender. A ā€œGoodā€ yellow card itā€™s called.

Yeah thereā€™s no real downside to cynical fouling preventing a goal chance. Anyone would take the yellow, especially in the second half.

The only thing I would say is that if a sinbin was brought in, the steps rule would have to be refereed correctly across the board. What can defenders really do if a forward can take 9 or 10 steps without playing the ball?

You sound like a fully paid up member of the corner backs union! I agree nonetheless. Lots of rules are not enforced when a lad is bearing down on goal. I

The old two wrongs make a right rule the GAA is so fond of. A fella canā€™t take too many steps if heā€™s being fouled, but can get advantage at the same time

They can fuck off with their black card btw. Fuck right off.

I see the wimin have brought in the 2 point ā€˜45.

Iā€™m calling it now, this will not be an issue for them.

3 Likes

:grin:

It would be more in their line if they reduced goals directly from a 45 to 2 points.

They wonā€™t be bringing the goalie up to kick them anyway thatā€™s for sure

Time for an additional umpire that looks at shots on only. Put them behind the goals. The two lads either side are scrambling half the time.maybe weā€™ll stick them up in a crane altogether

Put him beside the puck out spotter

6 Likes

The umpires are grand, turns out itā€™s been The Hawk was the problem all this time.

Bubbles free was over in 2014.

A tough one for the Tipp boys to take.

1 Like

Poor Brian Hogan was blackguarded by Hawkeye too

They must have forgot to fix it after JP paid Hawkeye to quieten Galway

Hawkeye shouldā€™ve gone to Specsavers.

Breaking: GAA proposes bans of 240 weeks for serious disciplinary offenders

• The minimum penalty available to hearing committee shall be doubled unless the body is satisfied the defending partyā€™s request for a meeting, and their accompanying submission, is ā€œnot frivolous or vexatious and is not solely based on procedural or technical argumentsā€.

Finally, an end to players turing up with the opponent and they saying it was handbags, or in the Cathal Dunbar case, appealing and appealing until time runs out to the next game.

Incredible it took this long really.

its the GAA sure, what would a red card be if you cant appeal it.

Reminds me of one case a few years back with a neighbouring club. Lad got sent off, swore black and blue he did nothing wrong. Club appealed it. Turned out the opponents had videoed the game and were willing to give it to the club to use for their defence. Problem was, they only found out the day of the hearing, so had to go get the video and bring it with them. So in they go, armed with a video that would vindicate their player. Get to the point in the game and the video shows the player absolutely lamping the opponent. Afterwards the club delegate asked the player what the fuck was he at, and he just simply said he didnt think he hit him as hard as he actually did and hoped the video didnt catch it all.

2 Likes