GAA Season Ticket

Partial refund only anyway? Sure we got 5 rounds of the league in anyway.

Why would they?

Your missing out on four championship games.

I don’t think you know how a season ticket works

1 Like

You’d be missing out on 1 championship game.

Oh I didn’t now that. Kieran Cunningham doesn’t seem happy about it.

You get the first championship game as part of the season ticket. For each game after that you get a discount of 5 euro on the price of the ticket.

You’ll be missing out on nothing if they play even a straight knockout format in November.

Fellas getting excited over things before they even happen. Relax, take a breath, and at least wait till you get to the bridge before you try to burn it

1 Like

If they do try and play the rest of the championship behind closed doors (they won’t) I’d like for them to make an exception for us season ticket holders. You could surely social distance away to your hearts content with 3-4k in PUC. It would be a great way to reward the dedicated fans.

2 Likes

Don’t think that would happen. It would probably cost more to cater for 3 to 4k of spectators than to play it behind closed doors

Trust me I’ll make them a profit in pints

1 Like

It’s all pie in the sky stuff for now anyway. We’ll just have to sit it out ftm.

We’ll be hurling in July Mile

1 Like

Hope you’re right kid.

@Dziekanowski how much does it cost to run Croke park empty? I think they need 30k tickets sold to break even. That may be Bolox.

Don’t know mate but I remember from reading a story in November 1991 that it cost 10k punts to open for a league match then.

So I’d say it’s a bit more than that now.

If that helps you.

1 Like

If the stadium is empty, presumably they don’t have to employ security and ticket personnel, pay the guards, cleaners etc. so probably next to nothing.

1 Like

Exactly. Depends what you need it for.

The “you need 30k to break even” was an argument brought in to stop lesser lights getting a game in Croke park. It’s nonsiense. You probably need 30k to break even if you open up the full monster, but why would you if you weren’t expecting 30k. I’d imagine if you only open one side, one tier etc then the costs are a fraction of the fabled 30k people per game

1 Like

Do you pronounce this as Boh locks in your head? Because that is how it reads. It’s spelled bollocks, or bollix at a push.

3 Likes

Or ball ox