GAA Season Ticket

And you might be right.
You might also be wrong.
Because you don’t have a clue what will happen with the virus.
Nor does anyone else.

I may be crazy
But it just might be a lunatic you’re looking for.
Turn out the light, as don’t try to save me.
You may be wrong but most of all
I may be right

My own belief that things will return to normal in late May/early June is not science based, but economics based.
Barring a significant worsening of conditions, and if countries can continue to manage it so their health services aren’t overwhelmed. Then it will put more people in danger to not restart than to stay in lockdown.

Supply chains will start to crumble in the next few weeks as bits and pieces of what seem relatively unimportant things run out first and then domino all along the chain.

Even aside from that, governments simply cannot afford to go much longer at these levels.

Club gaa and economics?

The use the West Board as an example in the Harvard Sports Management course

1 Like

I’d agree, but it’ll depend on the path of political least resistance, which will depend on the death rates. If lockdown eases and they rise sharply, all bets are off as to how the govt will react.
Personally, I think they should carefully spell out the pros and cons of each scenario and encourage public debate, but it won’t be an easy decision if the death rate starts to climb like it has in other countries, and there’s a potential vaccine six months away. .

Ya I’d agree with that. I’d not like to be the one making the decision as to which is the lesser evil and at which point it switches.

Up to now it’s pretty clear which is the lesser evil. But we are near the tipping point. I even think 3 weeks is pushing it

There’ll be no GAA this summer.

To be honest a call needs to be made soon enough on the inter county season . These are amateur players and putting life on hold for something that in all probability may not happen is had to justify .

The whole country is putting their life on hold

1 Like

And still Kiely hasn’t called me

Life on hold :grinning:

If the current Limerick team don’t want to play it’ll be a great chance for the 2010 Limerick panel to have the grand 10 year reunion.

Where are they now ???

The Freaks XV

We are in the middle of a world pandemic. Giving people hope like that is a nonsense. Isn’t croker being used as a testing centre too? They should be offering help to the government and not coming out with stuff it’s unlikely we should play before July. I’d expect better being honest. No doubt individual training plans are already being emailed out to players.

At home isolating

Like the HRI?

Irish road haulage authority ???