GAA Special Congress

I have a motion:

Stop fucking with the rules.

Maybe it’s just me getting older but Congress doesn’t hold the same magic for me as it once did

That’s one I’ve thought about and liked the idea of for a good 15 years

They never use one word when eleven will do.

1 Like

Today’s the day big vote on.
The vote over in the UK is minor compared to this.

How about dropping the numbers on the field from 15 to 13. 4 less players will open up space and make the blanket defense less effective as there is more space to cover, encouraging more attacking play

It’s a 15 man game.

3 Likes

I think the game is actually in a good place again. The best teams are all trying to move it fast, taking scores from distance etc.
I actually wouldn’t change anything rules wise, I think the mark inside the 21 or whatever is an absolute abomination of a rule. I think there might be some merit to the sin bin for the black card alright, but only because referees refuse to enforce the black card

The original rules set out said between 15 and 21 players. The game has advanced with advances in player physical attributes and strength and conditioning. Upto 20 years ago 15 a side was do able but the near professional inter county players can last the 70 plus and having a sub coming on just as fit.

15 on 15. The end.

1 Like

Shit keepers everywhere rejoice

I don’t really get that one :thinking: Aren’t they just compressing the space in front of them?

The idea would be that the further out they are the further the ball will travel towards the goals the more scores etc. But ya I agree. They don’t really think these things through at all. It’s like the can’t hit a sideline backwards one, sure it just makes it harder for the team to get a pass off and easier to defend

Is the actual format of a tier 2 football competition decided?

John Horan’s plan to stick all division 3 and 4 teams in it and have it on a provincial basis to the extent possible is shit.

Tier 2 was already tried in 2007

Nobody ever talks about this

It was completely shit

It’ll be completely shit again

These wankers haven’t a clue.

1 Like

It’ll never happen but time to do away with the provincials.

Three tiers and promotion/relegation between each.

If you had Waterford/Antrim/Limerick/Wicklow and co all in with a chance of promotion it surely must be better than what is there at the moment.

As soon as the lower tier sides exit the championship proper there’ll be an exodus of students to America - teams will be much weaker for the tier 2 competition. Can’t see this new competition taking off.

1 Like