Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I was going to say 2019 was dramatic wasn’t it. Galway got knocked out.

We’ll be semi pro in a five years.

Ewan wants to scrap County Championship’s. :grinning:

These lads must think money grows on trees

He’s only gone and taken my Box Office Industries Club GAA Power Rankings and turned it into an abomination of an idea.

1 Like

I actually think Ewan is onto something here. Imagine combining Limerick and Clare championship’s, Cork and Waterford. At most their is 4 good teams in most county’s. Club championship’s as predictable as the county game these days.

Basically looking to replicate the all Ireland league

Mental stuff.

How many Rugby clubs in Ireland compared to GAA clubs?

Watty Graham’s Glen were playing Intermediate in Derry 10 years ago. How many promotions would they have needed to get to compete in an All Ireland Club Final this year under Ewan’s Super League model :grinning: ?

1 Like

Ewam MacKenna proudly presents: The F OFF Premier League

1 Kilmacud Crokes
2 Crossmaglen Rangers
3 Glen
4 Mountbellew Moylough
5 Kilcoo
6 Na Fianna
7 Moycullen
8 Errigal Ciaran
9 St. Finbarr’s
10 Nemo Rangers
11 Slaughtneil
12 St Brigid’s
13 Naas
14 Dungannon Clarkes
15 Westport
16 Scotstown
17 Castlebar Mitchels
18 Dromore
19 Lavey
20 Salthill-Knocknacarra

1 Like

Corofin in the Skybet Championship?

They were relegated on the final day of the old amateur county championship system. Professional club GAA is a ruthless business. A whole new ball game.

Clare/Galway, Limerick/Tipp, Cork/Waterford club hurling championship’s would be very interesting.

They’d win the Championship. Portarlington under Tessio (is Tessio over Portarlington?@myboyblue) likely to take the other Automatic promotion place.

Two epic Play Off Semi finals then between Clonmel Commercials v Cuala and Newcastlewest v St Eunan’s.

I’m going to substitute out Salthill-Knocknacarra from the Premier League and put in Portarlington.

This is because I want Ballymun Kickhams supporters going on the rampage on the final day of the season as they clinch promotion at Salthill, exactly like Leeds supporters did at Bournemouth in 1990.

Kevin McStay’s Hot Zone (aka the GAA Soccer Saturday) would be honreal.

Actually there’s nothing to stop such a programme as is.

POINT Jack McKevitt 54 Naas 0-13 Celbridge 1-9
GOAL Ben O’Connor 54 St. Finbarr’s 1-16 Blackrock 0-17
POINT Lee Gannon 55 Whitehall Colmcille 0-12 St. Vincent’s 0-12
GOAL Ethan McNouveauname 53 Edendork 1-10 Ardboe 0-13

1 Like

I could just see Naoise Waldŕon taking up the Paul Merson role in that kind of show.

Steven Poacher would have to be on the panel keeping an eye on particular games. If only so they could use the phrase “Poacher turned gamekeeper”.

1 Like

He’d love a good, fascinating tactical battle between St. Eunan’s and Naomh Conaill up in Donegal with a final score of 1-04 to 0-08.

He could be standing on a forklift getting an aerial view of proceedings.

3 Likes

“Lovin’ this one Kevin, Glenties have had possesion for the last four minutes, they’re handpassing it around their own 45, finally now Eunan’s are beginning to push up a little bit but there’s not much pressure coming on the ball carrier, Eunan’s being sensible in not leaving themselves open to the counter attack, there’s a minute of normal time left and Glenties are up by a point.”

“We’ll come back to you Steven if Eunan’s eventually manage to get the ball back.”

3 Likes

Interesting interview with the ceo of URC about his intentions to stage a final Stade De Franc.

Can you imagine a Munster v Leinster final on the June bank holiday weekend next year?

It would test the gaas resolve anyway I’d say.

Your a gas ticket.