Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

https://twitter.com/OurGameHQ/status/1778488271703564635

You’d miss the pre-championship pullouts all the same.

The key line:

“Egos are dangerous things and fellas rowing back means you accept that this was not the right move. From the word go I have been saying this is not the right move.

I read that article.

Andy would appear to have a reasonable ego himself and and is clearly of the view that inter county sport is the only kind of GAA activity.

Although he does mention clubs dismissively in fairness.

Andy is a Club All Ireland winning manager.

That’s clearly bullshit and you know it.

His comments would indicate he doesn’t give a fuck albeit he may be fucked over by the selective quoting.

I stand by my comments.

NO MATTER WHAT.

You read the interview with Babs in the Paper of Record today?

Some choice words about the split season from the Great Man. He describes the ceding of August and September and All Ireland Finals in July as stone f**king lunacy.

I didn’t see it but no surprise to see a visionary like Babs not subscribe to this nonsense.

I actually feel sorry now for the split season zealots. They kind of remind me of Eamon Ryan and the Green Party. 10% well meaning but 90% idiots.

They just dont live in reality.

3 Likes

Have you a list of transfers this year to Dublin clubs compared to split season to back up your point?

1 Like

All Ireland finals go into August with camogie and ladies football finals.

That’s an outstanding piece with the great man.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about high profile transfers but amusing that’s what you would assume and tells us all we need to know about club gaa.

The transfers of your your of the mill club has exploded since the split season.

The inter county players can’t really transfer anymore. It’s frowned upon massively.

I think you are just making stuff up to suit your argument here. There are has been a marked decrease in transfers into Dublin clubs at all levels.

2 Likes

In correct. You already revealed yourself as an inter county only man with your initial post I was talking about high profile players.

That’s all that matters with zealots.

The big money clubs and the big money county’s.

Forget about the little man.

The barefooted All Ireland.

Fantastic.

@binkybarnes knows more about club matters in Dublin than most people.

3 Likes

Exactly