Galway - dual travails part 2

Heā€™s playing a half for each :joy:

1 Like

First round is this weekend. Presume he wonā€™t be togging.

Is the absence of the no.1 jersey there related to a man badly missed here as well I wonder?

16 Likes

Well spotted :slightly_frowning_face:

Thatā€™s a great spot, I wonder

1 Like

Walsh wasnā€™t togged. They beat Headford.

Ironically enough, a transfer into the parish gets the crucial goal for K-C

4 Likes

Swings and roundabouts

A top lad, that fella.

Walsh has handled this so badly. Issues a statement basically saying he will go back to his home club when he is finished. Surely a family member should have got a hold of him.

Is the Transfer going to go ahead lads?

cc @TheUlteriorMotive @Bisto

We might as well all admit that what we all want is a long, bitter feud and stand off between:
i) Walsh and Kilkerrin-Clonberne
ii) Walsh and Galway GAA as a whole
iii) Kilkerrin-Clonberne and Kilmacud Crokes and
iv) within Kilmacud Crokes itselfā€¦

ā€¦which fecks all parties but gives tremenjus entertainment value.

I want it to culminate in a headline that says ā€œBitterly divided Crokes thrashed by Whitehall in Dublin quarter-final as Walsh watches on from standsā€.

Should Whitehall be potential quarter-finalists? Cormac Costelloā€™s club isnā€™t it? Only noticed there that either way Shane Walsh will be playing with a team with K/C on their footballs this year.

They have a good chance of qualifying, theyā€™re in a group with Castleknock, Lucan and Round Towers Lusk which looks the weakest of the four groups. They beat Lusk who are the whipping boys by 15 points in game 1. Castleknock beat Lucan well so should be set fair for the quarter-finals. Iā€™d fancy Lee Gannon to be a game changer for Whitehall in terms of competitiveness. Wonā€™t win the championship or anything though.

Just need to dot the lower case jā€™s

In other news (unrelated) the football GDO of 20 years in Crokes is leaving. Heā€™s left some legacy and will be a hard act to follow.

1 Like

Eoghan Oā€™Donnell there too.

Theyā€™ll be no pushover anyway.

A Mannion-less Kilmacud were meant to be impressive though last week against a Fenton-less Raheny.

Youā€™d wonder if it keeps dragging on and Kilkerrin/Clonberne get to the knockout stages which seems a decent chance after winning their first game will Walsh come back and see out the few games with them anyway this year

It doesnā€™t appear that K-C will object at this stage, and I would be surprised if any of the Dublin clubs make an issue of it.

Iā€™d say Larry and the lads in Croke Park will put a stop to it over the 3rd Level aspect.

1 Like