Galway - dual travails part 2

2-26 would suggest our issues are further vack the field.

The supporters behind the goals?

2 Likes

Yeah, it must break your heart to be a Galway hurling fan. They seem to do so many small things wrong but still get close.
Niland should be roasted for not bothering his hole chasing Butler back. Hard to understand the mindset of a lad who has been trying to get on the team for a few years now.

1 Like

It really really does

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

4 Likes

The atmosphere in the Pat McDonagh SĆ³ Hotel Plaza in Bullaun was somber. However the big man left RTE News on so there was a communal wince of 300-400 people upon the replay of Buckleyā€™s last gasp winner at around 8pm this evening.

1 Like

I only posted what was coming back (second hand) from the players. :man_shrugging:t3:

I think the Galway keeperā€™s all time great display in the semi-final defeat to Limerick last year masked the lack of tactics/direction/game plan to a large extent. It let them exit the championship with honour intact. I was awestruck watching a keeper single-handedly keep a team with no tactics in a game against stellar opposition. The disguised puck-outs threaded through narrow gaps, draws, fades, pings, zings, varied trajectories, giving the eyes. Unreal.

3 Likes

That was some game today. It flowed and ebbed.

I had a ring side seat to that performance too.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™d have a forward in the country ahead of Conor Whelan

Gillane surely

Heā€™s class alright; fairly close to the complete package in terms of ball winning, physicality, workrate and taking the score.

Itā€™s a toss up between the two of them. Both animals to win their own ball too

Thatā€™s what sets them apart from the rest.

This is all part of Henryā€™s cunning plan to take down thelimericks in the semi final.

1 Like

Heā€™s ringing Ger Loughnane this morning looking for advise on how to manage the Galways.

KH has been demoted to the more casual less reverent moniker of Sheff today in my eyes. The last 2 performances, looking at the ā€˜planā€™ or ā€˜methodā€™ the team have gone out to execute have been extremely disappointing. Does anyone know what this plan is? The team look like an u15 setup, heedless and selfish with Sheff himself looking like the frustrated manager of said U15s on the sideline. His KK breeding and philosophy may not be fitting into the Galway psyche. Training may go well but CP v KK is the real litmus paper.
Our approach yesterday was shocking, we should never have been 8 points down. The Walter Walsh goal was unforgivable. Sheff obviously knows KK, yet we played right into their strengths. Has Sheff a plan B? Plan A is not working.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s fair to say that Shefflin should expect that his wing back would use his hurl when competing with big Wally as opposed to his hand. No wonder he looked frustrated.

Not in the age of thelimericks, not anymore. The day of the player that thinks he doesnā€™t need coaching is gone. More so the day a coach/manager takes it for granted that a player knows. WWā€™s hand should still be throbbing today. Instead heā€™s smirking away.

1 Like

Shefflin looks constantly frustrated on the line, like the Galway lads arenā€™t doing anything he asked them to

This is my point about training. All may go well with Galway A v Galway B and lads look the part until it comes to the test.