Galway - quadruple travails part 2

I wouldn’t trust some of them fellow clubmen to be able to throw out a few cones for training so it came as no shock that Bobby Gabagool made clean shit of them on Wednesday.

1 Like

Ah, in fairness, giving hurls to a load of connies could end up significantly worse.

First wan of the year! Start as you mean to go on.

Jason flynn due a break out this year you’d feel

Donal O’Shea in midfield is something I can’t even condone for a Walsh Cup match. He has zero impact from play.

5 Likes

Apparently he was good against Cork in the Teddy McCarthy game just before Christmas there but yeah I don’t see it as a long term thing.

1 Like

What age is he now?

Nearly 24 I think

A puff of wind would still bring him

2 Likes

Delighted to see Killeen back, he’s one to watch this year.

2 Likes

The cunnies were saving the big showing for tonight, no doubt motivated by some Breathnaigh cunt that got sold a pup in the bullock trade by a part-time artificial inseminator playing for Four Roads.

1 Like

He has neither pace nor size, and I’m not sure he is too blessed with hurling ability either. Fair play to him for sticking in there but it’s hard to see how a lad like that could ever make an impression.

2 Likes

Having a well known Dad did no harm.

Ah he definitely has hurling ability in fairness but athletically he’ll always be up against it especially at the very top level.

1 Like

He’s reliable on frees but not to Niland’s level. I wouldn’t say he’s a grafter or has an eye for goal either like the other small ladeen McDonagh from the same U-20’s side who disappeared. Both are probably too small if they’re not gonna have exceptional pace or deceptive strength.

1 Like

They should build the team around him

Whatever happened to Sean McDonagh? Looked a class hurler underage.

He disappeared entirely from the intercounty scene since last year. He mighta been involved in that development squad in 2023. A shame too because although he was hot-headed he has serious talent.

2 Likes

Gone to Australia

2 Likes

Must be a very recent development is it, he was playing for his club a couple of months back when they won promotion to intermediate? The Oz lifestyle would suit him better than the intercounty hurling lifestyle right enough.