Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Yup

Can’t even see the fucking action here with fog. God probably doing us a favour there.

John Cooney with 2-1 so far.
Declan McLoughlin 1-0
Donal O’Shea 0-3 (2f)
Jamie Ryan 0-2
Tiernan Killeen 0-2
Jayo Flynn 0-2 (1f)
Gavin Lee 0-1

Fog is mad, Ted.

1 Like

Anyone on Clubber should be on the mugged off thread

Match called off early because Mick McDonagh walked home. Fair enough imo.

https://x.com/galway_gaa/status/1745431688354623801?s=46&t=YiU_SkuFntBPzrtyfIsY2w

1 Like

Extremely experimental lineup. Good to see Cein Darcy involved.

Apparently the main squad are playing a challenge over the weekend.

For the FBD game I know they have high hopes for O’Curraoin and O’Neill who is one half of the O’Neill brothers from St James’. The brother Sam probably a bit further along though. Think he’s injured at the moment. Conor Flaherty back involved in goal and Antaine O’Laoi back involved for the first time in a few years I reckon.

1 Like

Had heard good things about Sam but didnt know there was a brother. O Curraoin looks the real deal. Hopefully Flaherty gives us options between the sticks. Was thinking of heading down for a look. Kirrane at 6 might have the right stuff too.

I saw O’Curraoin come of the bench in the 2nd half for the college last Tuesday. Scored 2 fantastic points. Almost had another. Maurice Sheridan had 2 wing backs playing corner forward for most of the game. Until he eventually brought someone on who could kick points. Modern football for you.

1 Like

The general consensus is that PJ is a one dimensional manager who isn’t very good, and is holding Galway back with his plan A isn’t working, revert to plan A.

From the evidence that I have seen to date, i would tend to agree with this.

1 Like

I’ve no doubt PJ only has the best of intentions for Galway football but he would’ve been best served to walk after the Mayo match. It’s at a point where they could probably afford a serious operator now that they’re not leaving gate receipts in the unlocked boot of a Yaris.

4 Likes

Ah yes, but who’s Yaris?

Reading Ciarán Murphy’s book there and found it fascinating that PJ’s club Killererin won 4 seniors between 1999-2010 but have dropped way back now. Were they relegated to Junior last year? A fair drop considering there’s about 20 senior teams in Galway. A sad illustration of the changing population dynamics in rural Ireland.

Nothing to do with the retirement of 3 generational players?

They won’t be bouncing back anytime soon either. At underage they have joined up with Faldos Kilkerrin-Clonberne but it’s been fairly disastrous so far. I’ve travelled through the place and it’s not a remote club, not sure why they are having such problems with numbers.

Yeah, relegated to junior last year. They would be a small enough club in fairness. Just had a great crop of Joyce’s involved when PJ was playing. 16 senior clubs now so intermediate and junior a bit tougher than it used to be. Carraroe relegated to junior as well so no guarantee either of them come straight back up although I’d say they’d be the two favourites.

You giving Nicky generational status? Tommy Wilson and Alan Keane would be as much a stretch.

1 Like

A Nicky nor Tommie dont come along often, a PJ comes along once