Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Fair enough.

O’Shea has been very good so far. Was good against Cork before Christmas as well. Granted it’s only pre season games and I have my doubts over his athletic ability for championship hurling but fair’s fair. You have to give him credit if he deserves it.

2 Likes

Sean Loftus was unstoppable back in the aul preseasons and look how that turned out. Means nothing to peak in Duggan Park. It’s just a chance for lads to get good minutes as much as I’d love to see O’Shea thrive at senior intercounty,

He has no presence in the Junior club c’ship. That’s enough. If he gets starts in the league it’s obvious why.

1 Like

If it’s the price of doing business, so be it.

Not acceptable

Meh. I think he’s worth a place on the squad as it stands anyway.

No longer convinced with Niland at this level anymore at all. Looked totally lost when he came on against Limerick last summer. Missed a score we badly needed in the semi the year before. A bit one paced for me.

Inclined to agree re O’Shea. Think he is a better hurler than some are giving him credit for though. He should have moved to Mellows or Rahoon if he was serious about bringing his game on. Junior hurling in Galway is a shite standard. We have no nailed on starters at midfield, so i suppose why not, he’s worth a look there i suppose. Not sure what Jayo is at still playing Walsh games in 2024. We are definitely short at least three forwards imo. Young lads need to step up. Half the Limerick panel could be locked up come July, there’s our opportunity.

1 Like

Sure every intercounty hurler is training 100 times a year, and will play up to 20 games between challenge matches, pre-season, league and championship. Moving club to add maybe 3-4 more meaningful games in a season isn’t going to make or break any fella - them days are long gone.

2 Likes

He’s just not good enough.
Neither is Niland.

:joy::joy::joy:

Couldn’t agree more. Was at it earlier and was very impressed with him. A beautiful striker of the ball. Big enough unit too, 6’1 or 2 and well built. We’ll see a lot more of him in a Galway jersey i feel.

About the only bright spark on the night with a few chinks from Darcy & Brady in midfield too. The rossies played well to be fair, very accurate, they’re a serious outfit in January :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Darach Fahy with a fuckup already that could’ve cost a goal only for Grealish

Woeful standard to that half even for winter match. Lads bombing ball into empty corners, bad first touches all round and Dublin firing wides like there’s no tomorrow.

They worked the goal well though and McLoughlin looks dangerous with 2/3 lads hanging off him at all times.

Really windy here and the pitch is sticky. Galway a little sharper and turning dublin over regularly as they try and build out.

O donnell pulls his hamstring and they leave him on for another 5 mins so he can do a right job on it.

2 Likes

Typical Galway v Dublin game. Messy.

1 Like

Hayes is a good bit of stuff I have to say

1 Like

Cyril must be getting excited. Just roared out C’mon Galway in the middle of commentating.

1 Like

Deccie Mc is an exceptional hurler for somebody his size. Has the mullock, the speed, the paw and the eye for goal. He’d be starting for me come championship.

1 Like

Is Galway Dublin the least aesthetically pleasing top tier fixture in hurling?