Galway - quadruple travails part 2

He was very good today. Great knack for winning ball considering he’s not a big lump. And often had 2 Dublin lads on him.

Looks the real deal

Wexford Galway or Clare Waterford are probably worse.
Apparently both Galway & Dublin panels despise each other after the fighting at the Fenway classic a few years back.

1 Like

Correct and right. Lovely edge there

Odd enough looking team for Sunday. Good few missing due to injury. No Cooke so presume he’s also gone.

https://x.com/galway_gaa/status/1750971881828811149?s=46&t=YiU_SkuFntBPzrtyfIsY2w

1 Like

Pretty strong looking team

Not sure. Mayo have picked close enough to their first team. I’d fancy them to win on Sunday if they have anything about them.

Good to see Mulkerrins and Molloy back

3 Likes

Is Liam Silke back in with the setup? A hugely underrated footballer, he hardly needs a rest for the league after he taking the year off.

He’s back. Got injured playing soccer over the Christmas apparently. Comer did the same a few years ago.

2 Likes

Had heard they were looking at Mchugh at midfield. Cooke seems to be out alright. No sighting of kelly mcdaid or jack glynn is worrying. Injuries still not cleared up. Patrick kelly too.

A good few off those AI winning minor teams bubbling up now. Think McGlynn and Connaire are right yokes

1 Like

Cyril reckons we’re in for a right good year in the hurling.

1 Like

Did Cyril say something during the week that he trained St Thomas’s back in the 70’s?

Is Galway the only county in Ireland where you would have to ask “which Cyril?”

3 Likes

I didn’t hear that but very likely I’d say.

1 Like

The Kevin Cooney injury sounds season ending according to lads at the match. He’d be a big loss.

1 Like

Ffs. Not like we have them queueing up to man up

Fuck it, that’s a real pity. A good hurler, playing in a position that we’re lacking in.