Galway - quadruple travails part 2

2 midfielders named amongst the forwards. Hard to see where the scores are going to come from.

1 Like

Stat I saw earlier. Johnny McGrath has man marked the following players so far in the league.

Ryan O’Donoghue
Ben O’Carroll
Darragh Canavan
Shane McGuigan
Jack McCarron

And they’ve scored a total of 0-4 from play against him. Combined.

6 Likes

He’s a fuckin great bit of stuff. Like a limpet and loves the battle. The type of out and out destroyer we rarely produce in Galway.

2 Likes

Valuable result yesterday

HURLING: Galway Bay Fm Sport understands that Johnny Glynn is back in the country at present and is training with the Galway senior squad, although he is not part of the official panel.

Glynn last appeared for Galway in 2019, when Dublin knocked Galway out of the Leinster Championship.

That game was also Micheal Donoghue’s last game in charge of Galway. Johnny Glynn made his debut for Galway in 2012, and has made 32 Championship appearances. He started the 2017 & 2018 All-Ireland Finals.

The 30-year-old transferred back to his club Ardrahan from New York to play in the Galway club championship last year.

Galway meet Dublin and Limerick over the next two weekends in the group stages of the National League while they open their Leinster championship campaign at home to Carlow on April 21st #gbfmsports

I’ll be fierce disappointed if Darren Morrissey doesn’t timber the fuck outta him at some stage pre-Champo

4 Likes

Johnny Glynn is a top man.

A lad you couldn’t but go to war with.

A sound fella to boot.

1 Like

His older brother well I presume is older is some size of a man.

He’s called crazy out Ardrahan way. Doesn’t drink or anything like that. Doesn’t need to.

I can imagine :sweat_smile:

5 years long time away from ic hurling. Saying that, likes of Whelan and Concannon could do well playing off him.

He looked average enough in the Galway club game last year.

Possibly a wildcard that could be introduced late if goals are needed.

Some double header in fairness.

https://x.com/galway_gaa/status/1766121339104944363?s=61&t=ywRfELeDxVX6PcFItqXOXw

1 Like

You’d think they could have waited two more weeks :rage:

He’s going to look bang average obviously because he’s been playing football in new York for 5 years.
The rte podcast, which is brutal in many ways admittedly, suggested that he’s only back for a couple of months for the summer. The hurling club games he’d have barely picked up a hurl beforehand.
He will be eaten alive if he’s not out a decent amount of work in. He may do, if not, he’ll be confined to being a hail Mary for the last few minutes I’d imagine.

1 Like

1 Like

Tuohy s return is interesting as is David Burkes inclusion