Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Lohan is the ultimate mullocker that will never make it at senior intercounty but he’s box office underage. He’s the new Bleahane.

1 Like

Lohan has pace that Bleahane never had. He’s a right yoke

1 Like

An apt description of him. Quality strikes from young Niland. We’ve really struggled against the Dubs of late, so that’s a good result.

Yeah, I think he has something about him. A right big unit.

2 Likes

Did Power play, and if so, how did he go?

I think he might’ve moved into full forward when Mike Burke was dropped. Went pretty well and fought for a lot of ball, particularly when they had the breeze in the first half. Was a goalscorer after a lovely pass from Mike Burke iirc.

That O’Shaughnessy lad might be the most fancy dan hurler I’ve seen in ages. All flash and zero substance. Got caught plenty of times too.

1 Like

What a lovely listen this is.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2024/0417/1444052-galway-target-man-glynn-commits-to-all-ireland-campaign/

That article seems to imply that he’s still technically living in New York but still committing to Galway for the season?

Seems a mad but fair play to him, I suppose.

There’s some amount of Column inches about this lad. Every second podcast also. You’d swear they were getting back Joe canning.

The problem is these journalists don’t have a clue about the actual players currently playing.

4 Likes

What age is he now? I googled but someone has put in a “joke” wiki entry for him. He hasn’t huge miles on the clock anyway. Skehill raves about him but I never thought he was as impactful as skehill thinks he can be.

1 Like

Think he was born in early 93’ so would be 31 at this stage. Played in the 2014 U21 championship.

1 Like

Would agree with both yourself and @endakenny

He is/was a serious ballwinner but was limited enough outside of that.

And he’ll presumably still add that, but they have some decent young players too who probably need a little bit of developing both hurling-wise & physically but, given that, could be far superior players. Gavin Lee, Declan McLoughlin, Liam Collins for example.

2 Likes

Glynn had an unreal eye for a man in a better position and probably the best handpass I’ve seen. A very selfless hurler. If he does feature in the championship teams will be fairly wise to him as a puckout/long ball target and we don’t really have a spread of fielders like we did in 2017. That’s where Kevin Cooney in particular is a big loss.

2 Likes

What that limerick full back was allowed get away with against Glynn in the All Ireland Final was one of the worst acts ever allowed by a referee in a sporting contest.

1 Like

He’s a great ball winner but his vision is actually severely underrated. Usually always picks out the right pass after getting on the ball. Obviously he’s not going to be firing them between the posts from over the shoulder. I think he’s aware of his own limitations. Used right he’s definitely a weapon though. Was in Nowlan Park in 19 in one of his last games for Galway and he destroyed Kilkenny that day. Think he only scored 0-1 but he had a hand in absolutely everything.

3 Likes

Cunt Owens

1 Like

A forgotten art

2 Likes

Walsh and Comer back. No sign of Maher, McDaid & Tierney.

1 Like

Will they ever get McDaid right on a consistent basis?

Roy Curtis’s nephew starting.