Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Cyril is a national treasure.

1 Like

You’d wonder alright. Just about the only year he stayed injury free he was close to footballer of the year.

That’s how good he can be.

A Lee Keegan type wingback is where I see him ending up.

What an albatross to hang around a young chaps neck

1 Like

That the midfielder young lad? Was handy but you’d imagine if he was togging regularly the opposition would be wide to him.

I dont know how o conghaile is starting ahead of o curraoin & Cunningham. Is cathal sweeney injured now too? No sign of McDaid or Tierney yet alas.

Is probably 25/26 at this stage. Has been crooked with injuries since he returned from AFL. As said previously, the one injury free year he had and he was nominated for footballer of the year. He’s potentially that good. He reminds me of keegan in the way he moves and likes to arrive late to attacks.

3 Likes

Not sure that team will start to be honest. Doesn’t make much sense O’Conghaile and McCabe leap frogging O’Curraoin all of a sudden.

1 Like

This HT shoreline in Sligo is giving me a migraine.

Eric Elwood club Mervue a city club?

Back then Irish Rugby Internationals dabbled in a bit of championship football e.g. Philip Danaher ( Limerick)

It was indeed a city club. They amalgamated with neighbouring Renmore to form St James. Paul Conroy’s club.

1 Like

PJ OUT!

3 Likes

Take CON with him

A day to forget really. Poor enough distribution into the like of Mannion and McLoughlin all day. Whelo off the bench caused hell.

Mouse Kavanagh was my MOTM.

Hopefully the scoring difference won’t come against us like 2019

1 Like

Conceding that v Carlow sticks out like a sore thumb

Carlow have a decent set of forwards. They are of Liam Mc standard. It is the lads at the other end of the field are the problem.

5 Likes

Even so. Concede 2 goals v Carlow what are you looking at v KK et al

More than two goals

1 Like

No scoring difference this year i believe. According tp the boyos on gbfm anyway

1 Like