Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Primetime no good now. It would have to be Panorama, for an independent investigation

3 Likes

I cannot see a player being banned for that. O’Donoghue doesn’t kick Kelly, he just awkwardly throws his foot around Kelly’s ankle/foot and attempts to stand on it like you might see a 10 year old schoolyard bully do. It’s horseplay.

Obviously it’s bleedin’ obvious it was also a premeditated off the ball “testing” of Kelly’s injury but you can’t prove it legally. Had the exact same tangle happened to a player who wasn’t carrying an injury, nobody would be talking about the prospect of a suspension. They only are because everybody knows Kelly was injured. It was a cuntish act but these are the sort of dark arts you engage in to win. It was also funny in its brazenness.

Also, if it’s known an important player is carrying, say, a shoulder injury into a game, the first thing that will happen is the opposition will target that player’s shoulder and hit him as hard as they can in an effort to injure him. Like when Cillian O’Connor had a shoulder injury in 2013, Dublin did exactly that.

Those Moycullen lads are too soft. If he did that to Seanie Fitz the Bearna man’d do a live TikTok decapitation.

1 Like

After giving us a dance first.

1 Like

That was terrible from O’Donoghue. Really sneaky stuff.

1 Like

How many Moycullen lads were making the 26 when it came down to it?

Are they considered windy in Galway?

I’d say let him off with a warning here.

Nine

There was 9 making the 26 a few months ago but they werent all still there?

There’s the core gentle giant base of the Kelly brothers, friend of the forum Cooke, Desmond Conneely and McLaughlin (who is already a write off with injuries but had high potential). Then there’s Gallagher that PJ hates for some reason.

I’m probably forgetting another donkey or two but the output for such a strong club at senior in the starting 15 is fairly damning.

2 Likes

Apologies I miss read you - 3 was the total Sunday

1 Like

I had them provisionally pencilled in at Number 2 on my next refresh of my Club Football Power Rankings sponsored by Box Office Industries, but I’m going to have to reassess now I think on the back of this.

They’d have ruined your fantastic reputation. You should take this second chance with both hands and slot in Kilcoo imo.

1 Like

No, they’d bully most teams they come up against.

Edit. Don’t pay any attention to @Diabhal. Hes got an awful set against Moycullen. Parish rivalry and all that.

1 Like

Pure waffle. Did you think the same when the all conquering Corofin side had similar representation in the country set up?

Goes without saying but absolutely trampish and cowardly from that blow hard o’donoghue. Deserves no luck after that.

Mayo’s defending it online are as bad.

1 Like

I didn’t think the same because I knew the background behind why players were refusing invites to the county setup. Two completely different scenarios and Moycullen have a long, long, long way to go before they can be compared to that Corofin side.

Exactly and they’ll never get there. Hence its peculiar you think should have more starters for Galway. And the two they have starting were our two best players this year.

I’d say he feels fierce sorry about it though.

There’s not one Moycullen player that’s refused a call up in the last 10 years. Corofin had a very fair grievance with Galway County Board and the management for years with some exceptions like Lundy, Liam Silke, Power, Molloy, McHugh and the Farraghers. So it’s very unfair to compare the situations.

Maybe if they get a few more ex-Offaly players that live 3km outside their catchment area they’ll go a bit further.