Galway Races 2010 - Day 1, Race 1

Gerraghty was having trouble holding him as he was full of running, he was looking for cover behind the leaders with him. He fell soon after. He got back up anyway so hopefully he is ok.

I missed the fall to be honest. I was looking at his odds and looked up and gerathy was on the floor.

Gerathy was tugging on him the whole way round and perhaps he wasn’t as settled as you would like.

bad news

Horse put down apparently. Sickening news, my condolences to TDB.

You are welcome :wink:

ah fuck off ya smug bollox.
vwey strong word here for footprint in the 7-35 but im stciking with Mutameleq

Thank you :wink: Did someone do their money on Cabarnet Sauvignon?

id imagine a few people did yes.

Why would you back him just as you know the people involved? genuine question…

i dont know.
i didnt back cab sav today based on worsening ground conditions and the fact that his recent good form was on a sounder surface, also TDB alluded to this earlier.
id imagine tho a few lads may have backed him who have no interest in horses just bacause he is a talked about horse on here and they’d be kicking themselves if he came in as he has before.

Enjoy your life wins there for Deegan. I looked at the horse before the race and drew a line through him as in his last race, nine days ago at the Curragh, he finished 17 of 20 over the same distance while carrying 16 pounds less than tonight. Doesn’t make any sense to me the way he came out subsequently to win so well. Also, backed from 14’s into 7’s.

welcome to ballybrit
itl be a long 7 days :smiley:

Fair enough, im sure some did, another 6 days of it anyway!!

It comes across a bit smug because of what happened Cab Sav.

I see, awful to lose one of such quality but unfortunately thats the game, at least they had some serious days with him…

true
cab sav was an allright sort, will be a serious loss to the forum
i liked his contributions for the time he was on here