Galway v Clare

So now your admitting Galway beat tipp in a translational period last year. Thank you. Iā€™m not giddy at all I predicted in February after being lambasted by all quarters that Clare would win the all Ireland. So Iā€™m exactly where I expected to be.

I didnā€™t say anything about Tipperary in 2017. Youā€™re the one that has the fixation with Galway ā€˜onlyā€™ beating Tipperary and Waterford in the semi final and final of 2017.

Galway v Tipperary is the most evenly matched and best rivalry in modern day hurling. Since 1987 they have met 14 times, both winning 7 each. Bar a trimming for an over the hill Galway in 1991, 13 of those 14 meetings have pretty much gone down to the wire or were games with dramatic ebbs and flows where favorite status was confounded any number of times. When Galway meet Tipperary, form goes out the window and either side can win. Thereā€™s not many hurling match ups you can say that about.

3 Likes

Remind us again what were you ā€œlambasted by all quartersā€ for?

1 Like

Predicting Clare would win the all Ireland at 10s in February.

You were being lambasted for that before you even predicted it? :thinking:
Does this just mean lads disagreed with your prediction?

I believe people said Iā€™d lost the plot or something to that effect for thinking Clare would win the all Ireland.

@Smark and @backinatracksuit were strongest in their disagreement (what a surprise). Everything else there was reasonable debate. Hardly a lambasting.

I felt lambasted.

Come down off the cross lad :wink:

2 Likes

Clare havenā€™t a hope of winning it, theyā€™ve done well to get to a semi though

Clare will win this by 4 points.

I really really hope so. Cork havenā€™t a hope against Galway

Jesus fuck.

2 Likes

Yea Galway Limerick final

The Clare lads have retreated to limestone caves in the Burren, not a peep out of them. Weā€™re going to be ayte alive on Saturday evening.

1 Like

Rightā€¦ anyway:

@Big_Dan_Campbell, expecting an unchanged Clare team? How do you see them going against Galway? Galway havenā€™t been as impressive this year as in recent years, possibly because they havenā€™t needed to be yet. Shades of 2013 about this Clare team though.

cc @Joe_Player

There is if they can get Mcinerney turned enough and through on the full back line they can win it

Same 15 will start. Think they may well rejig the forwards and may look to put Reidy or Podge at 11 or Oā€™Donnell the more central of a two man full forward line stationed close to goal to start with just to try and mix it up a little.

Would be worried about Jamie Shanahan in the backs and his lack of defensive instinct which Galway will set out to exploit.

I expect changes

2 changes mybe