Galway v Clare

What bet?

Galway haven’t really played anybody like Clare or cork in championship under him. They’ve been playing hoof ball against the Leinster counties. I’d rather watch and find out then assume he’ll get it right. I think Clare will have their number. I’d have great time and respect for the Clare managers.

So you’ve already awarded the tactical battle to Clare managers who have won nothing at senior level ahead of a manager that has won senior club and inter-county All-Irelands?

1 Like

Of course he has, there’s two of them. 2 is more than 1. Galway are already on the back foot.

11 Likes

None of that tactical stuff matters. Mac will stand there stranded in the middle while all these ferret-hurlers whizz by him. Galway are fucked.

3 Likes

Having watched Galway play hammer ball against Kilkenny for the past few weeks I’d have grave doubts about the tactical nous of the galway management.

galway beat Clare by 2 goals in 2016.

Under Davy very different team now.

I think Tipp played a lovely style of hurling the last 2 years. Galway lost in 2016 and won 2017 in an epic. I don’t think the current Cork or Clare teams would have lived with that Tipp team who had all their big guns flying

Donoghue gets his teams to play to their strengths. He led a smallish Clarenbridge team to their only club All-Ireland. He achieved this by getting them to play a running/possession based game against a physically bigger O’Loughlin Gaels in the final. Now he manages a physically imposing Galway team and his “hoofball” strategy has won them an All-Ireland for the first time in 30 years. Tactically he seems adequate.

1 Like

Tipp were well past it in 2017. They were hammered by cork. They played a very direct style of Play not too dissimilar to Kilkenny in their pomp. Seriously lacking in pace though. Galway are well set up for that style. They’ll match anybody physically.

@anon32894817 is right, Clare are the greatest threat left in the competition to Galway, if they play to their potential. The fuckers always have the tails up against Galway and will believe that can win.

Outside of McInerney, there’s plenty of mobility in the Galway back 6 so I wouldn’t be too concerned about him.

Any of the 4 teams left can beat any of the other teams mate, on a going day.

I wouldn’t be going getting ahead of myself and getting an air of invincibility as a Galway man. Remember, ye’re still brittle and one All Ireland doesn’t mean ye are incapable of filling ye’re togs of a big day, like ye have on many occassions

3 Likes

On any given Sunday*

*Saturday evening.

1 Like

I Wonder will the Red Bull incident involving cash canning have an effect on team moral. He wouldn’t have pulled that stunt last year. Can’t have gone down well the county board either.

It’s the talk of Galway alright :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

Tipp play decent hurling but they certainly don’t have the pace of Cork or Clare.

It will be a real clash of styles. Clare will be looking to open up as much space as possible, move the ball quickly and run at Galway. But physically Galway are so strong, and you’d think could target Clare aerially. And have serious firepower too. I fancy Galway tbh.

Clare’s half back line will all need to have the game of their lives to have any chance at all

1 Like

Absolutely, there’s no overconfidence in the county. This team has greater mental resilience than previous teams though and an All Ireland win under their belt reinforces that. There’s a good chance the likes of Limerick will shit the togs on the big occasion with a full Croke Park roaring down on top of them like the last time.

1 Like