Galway v Clare

Clare haven’t had a timber merchant since Brendan Bugler retired.They are silky tippy tappy hurlers now.

I’d give Clare a chance against anybody else but Galway will absolutely murder them, it’s a clash of styles that they just cannot win no matter how you look at it

Disagree. Hurling, more than any sport, has intangibles that are hard to predict. Look at this year, Limerick hammered Tipp, Clare hammered Limerick, Cork hammered Clare. Limerick are probably the most similar team to Galway, how did Clare hammer them?

We made them come to Ennis. Can’t play that card this time.

1 Like

Galway will hammer Clare mate, you know it. The Limerick result was unusual in its easy manner but a mixture of tiredness and inexperience caught up with Limerick, Limerick have similarities to Halway but they’ve a long way to go and haven’t got the physicality yet no matter how much ‘cut’ they have

Clare will Beat Galway.

Everyone is using the tired excuse. You’d swear it was an over 40s competition.

Hurling at this stage of the championship is all about speed, sharpness and conditioning. Physical power certainly helps but if your hurling isn’t up to the speed required it isn’t worth a hill of beans.

Galway have a very good mix of both and are justifiable heavy favourites and you would expect them to win too many of the match ups but I can guarantee you that Clare’s hurling will need where it needs to be and they will perform now that they are in bonus territory and have bounced back from the no show of the Munster final second half and will beat Galway if they are not at their best.

Clare backs struggle far more against teams who play between the lines and who’s half back line and midfield look to come deep and move the ball quickly or carry it from deep as opposed to sides who play more direct hurling and hold their shape.

1 Like

They’ll run rings around our lumbering giants sure.

1 Like

Galway will want cork to win the semi . This team will need to beat a “ big 3 “ team in a final to avoid accusations of winning yellow pack all Irelands .

1 Like

I wouldn’t put huge store in it, Limerick are nowhere as good as Galway now, just an off day I suppose but I wouldn’t give them chance either if they were playing your boys,
I’d give Cork a slim chance if they could score 3 goals minimum

Just listened to the gaa hour with Colm Parkinson. Damien Hayes is some simpleton. He makes parkinson sound like a hurling guru.

1 Like

None of the teams Galway beat in last years all Ireland campaign made it beyond the quarter finals this year. They beat Dublin, Wexford, tipp and Waterford. All of whom at one point or the other suffered humiliating losses in this years championship. Only Wexford made it into the final six. Galway’s all Ireland was one of the softest in the tv era.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You’re a dreadful wum, but a harmless simpleton.

6 Likes

:smile:

He does try that bit too hard.

The Tipp team that Galway beat last year are better than anything they’ll face this year

How did tipp get on in this years championship? Tipp were destroyed by cork last year. Galway beat them only due to the Johnny coen incident.

I’ve no time for your wumming now, try me again tomorrow but I’m a bit tired of it to be honest

1 Like

What did Johnny do now, the rogue?
If you can’t distinguish one year from another and pretend provincial hurling from AI knock out hurling mate, stick to the ponies.

3 Likes

He threw the ball for the winning point.