Galway v Tipperary - All Ireland Senior Hurling Semi-Final 2017

He was inconsistent but modern game is just constant fouling, so you either let everything go or call some. The biggest one that was missed (umpire should have called it) was Maher’s pull across Flynn’s head when through on goal, penalty at a minimum and arguably a red card.

3 Likes

The referee influenced the game in a subtle enough manner. Nothing blatant like sending someone off or anything but consistently applying the rules differently in each half of the field. I wouldn’t expect many of TFK’s posters to notice or understand it, least of all the likes of @glasagusban or @ChocolateMice. However it was pretty clear to myself, @Nembo_Kid and 10-time All Ireland winner Henry Shefflin.

3 Likes

his inconsistency was applied equally to both sides

As plain as day.

Sure it was.

So would I

I’m not sure how we won that. Tipp were way sharper, and we butchered goal chance after goal chance, we won it by force of will really. Whelan kept us going when others were hiding, Jonny Coen got involved in everything even if his control was poor, macinerney great in the air but the play of hanbury, p Mannion and especially daithi Burke was unreal. It looked a bit helter shelter back there but they kept the best forwards in the game to 19 scores. Jonny Glynn is a nailed on starter now too.

Kelly gave us a few soft ones, but gave tipp one or two as well, a bad performance from him I’d rather if he just let everything go. Credit tipp, some of the interplay and stickwork was class, I thought callanan was concussed looking after the knee to the head maybe should have been taken off the 65s. Loads of room for improvement for us but we’ll have to, the hype train will be in full overdrive now.

1 Like

Yes, very similar to Conor Lane yesterday.

Frees in one half for minimal contact, no frees in the other half for much more noticeable illegal physical contact.

Tipp fans complaining about the ref in a game against Galway😂

17 Likes

Thought Kelly left a lot go but don’t think he favoured one side over the other.

In a pulsating match like that that’s decided by a point at the death you’re always going to nit pick decisions that could have changed it.

Can’t blame Barry Kelly for Callanan missing those frees in the second half.

1 Like

You’re wrong pal. Hard luck, Tipp were immense, far better than I expected. Possibly a good thing for that team, the hunger will be back next year.

1 Like

You are seething because you think if Galway weren’t in leinster wexford could now be in an all Ireland. They wouldn’t, the hurling that was played today is levels above the shite in leinster that had us so ring rusty. But seethe away pal.

5 Likes

If there was a transfer market in GAA I’d pay €220 million for Conor Whelan.

The dogs bollocks. You just can’t coach his willingness to fight and scrap for balls he has no right to win.

7 Likes

I must say Tipperary are some ambassadors for hurling. Their skill and style is supreme and the gracious way their players and management accepted the underhanded way their crown was undeservedly taken from them today was sheer class. They carry themselves with true dignity.

4 Likes

Can you not ban @ChocolateMice from the hurling threads? He hasn’t a fucking clue.

2 Likes

There were lads on here claiming he was the greatest referee of all time a couple of years ago. The same lads have changed their tune fairly sharpish after being on the wrong end of one of his horror shows.

1 Like

He’s harmless.

1 Like

If Kelly missed anything that made a difference today it was a clearcut penalty to Galway and two yellows for Callanan. @Bandage is making a complete fucking fool of himself here, which is sad to see as he’s had a strong season up to now.

Galway’s strength in depth a big bonus today.

Tipp brought on Forde & bar a score from a breaking ball was totally ineffective. Forde’s replacement Niall O’Meara again is a work horse type player who will struggle to get scores.
Steven O’Brien seemed an obvious sub to bring on to at least contest dropping ball but it must be pretty clear to him now he is not rated. He should really consider a move back to the Footballers now.

Galways lack of goals must be a worry heading into the AI final. Think Waterford is the team they will want. Cork if they beat Waterford will bring a running game which may well cause them serious problems.

Great game today, full blooded solid stuff. Hurling is a beautiful spectacle :clap::clap::clap::clap:

12 Likes

Daithi Burke is a real defender .

1 Like