Galway

I had a fine breakfast in there a few months before covid hit. Cyril Farrell was at the next table shooting the breeze with the egg man.

Would this be the “organic” egg man?

That’s the very lad.

How much time did he serve at her majesty’s pleasure in the end?

The one time I had grub in Gort in my life a few years ago, the great Cyril was inside there

Cc @KinvarasPassion

1 Like

Can’t recall. Not long I’d imagine.

Was in again this evening with the young lad @KinvarasPassion ,I had some feed.Braised beef cheek.Fuckin unreal.

1 Like

He fodders there all the time

Since Grady’s closed

I saw him in Rooster’s cafe there last week.

That’s news to me. I used to see him there regular. I fly by Gort nowadays at 120km/ph

I missed having breakfast with Cyril last time I was home because I was leaving. I’m still a bit gutted. Was going to gatecrash with a pal.

Would Cyril have the full Irish every morning?

I’d doubt he’d still be in such fine fettle if so, but I’ll make enquiries. The romantic in me wants to say yes.

Cyril used to hold early winter training in the Temperance Hall. T’was light enough training cos the hall was about twice the size of an average sitting room. A bit of 5 a side, Joe was obviously the best baller too.

All round to Seamie’s (or Beau Peep’s as it was affectionately known) for steak and chips afterwards. A popular spot for mart goers, alcoholic couples and those that couldn’t be arsed with the late night crush in Supermacs. Place burned down in mysterious circumstances. A loss to the town.

1 Like

The Connacht Tribune Dec 1986 -

Can ye spot the former sports presenter moonlighting as a DJ?
I’d say that house was rockin lol

2 Likes

Disco Special though mate.
Royal Flush look like they mean business.

Royal Flush were the dogs bollocks

1 Like

Champagne and steak is how they roll in Gort :facepunch:

3 Likes