Galway

I remember when they opened the nightclub at the side of Hayden’s. Feral roaster heaven.

I was in it one night with ‘the’ cousins. What was it called again

I see palm club there. Was it something different after

Like night and day :pensive:
There would be The Palm Club on Thurs night, Ballyfa Fri night, Kim’s Saturday night, back to the Palm Club Sunday night or maybe venture to Glan.
Rockfords in Dunmore, Ffrench’s in Monivea.
We once passed out Galway and went to Peacock’s in Maam Cross.
And we got home and up for work next morning :smirk:

2 Likes

Palm Club

1 Like

The Planet. The Swarbriggs ran it

3 Likes

Ahh stop I’m tearing up here.

Ringos in loughrea on Friday, springin on Saturday, Sullivan’s in gort or saddlers in loughrea on Sunday. The occasional jaunt to monivea or ennis or lisdoonvarna.

Ringo’s was some spot. You’d have lads from balyvaughan going over with the kinvara lads meeting ones from lorrha in with the portumna lads. What a geographical range in the pre phone era.

5 Likes

The planet is what I was thinking

Yea seldom went to Ringos but Saddlers yea.
There was The Tunnel in B’sloe then if you were badly off on a Friday :see_no_evil::grinning:

1 Like

That was it. It wiped Route 66 off the map.

2 Likes

Twas state of the art! A complete new build as part of the hotel revamp. The Palm Club used to be in the regular ballroom.

1 Like

Down the side of the hotel and take your life in your hands :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Many a scrap I had with cunts from other parishes outside Ringos of Loughrea. Floor was like fucking super glue.

Is Ffrench’s still going?

2 Likes

Is monivea still going?

See @flattythehurdler 's question :smile:

It was a long trek out to saddlers when you (at 16) weren’t let into Ringo’s.

2 Likes

I actually drove through it just before Christmas. Had been 25 years since I was last in place I’d say. An unusual place with its very wide ‘street’. Kind of a feel of a prod town in the north about it. Saw Ffrench’s, but I was otherwise focused on not careering off the icy road at the time.

1 Like

I once asked directions for monivea, and was told "head east out of town, and every time you come to a junction, take the smallest road out of it and you’ll end up there.

4 Likes

Those directions were actually spot on.

Were you barred from the bus as well as Ringo’s?

The bouncers at Ringo’s were some cans of piss.

2 Likes