Galway

I’m still in the Quays. Roaring on the All Blacks.

1 Like

Still in The Quays.

Had to head out to Spar to buy a phone charger which put a dampener on the festivities for a few minutes but we’re back now and there is a decent amount of clunge to look at.

1 Like

All Blicks lost cunt

Wasn’t even a “test” though was it?

Is there any Celtic supporters out there?

1 Like

It was a tist, cunt.

Lots of McGregor cunts out there so no doubt plenty cellic fans too

Ok, wasn’t sure if it was a test or a friendly.

Seeing as it’s a “test” it’s up there with Ireland’s 2:0 win over Germany in Hannover in 1994.

1 Like

Don’t know if it was a tist or not but nearly every cunt I know in the states was heading up there for the craic,most of them wouldn’t know a rubby ball if it hit them in the face

Help needed.

I have to get to Barna by car for 1 o clock on Wednesday and then back. Galway traffic is bad enough at night he best of times but the races will be on so I fear the worst.

What is the best way to get to Barna on race week via the M6.

I was driving to Galway around that time today and traffic wasn’t too bad. I’m not fully sure where Barna is though so can’t help you there

1 Like

Connemara side.

I’ll let one of the Galway boys answer. What way would you usually go, out past the Glenlo is it?

Either through the city and out by Salthill or around the ring road past the Nox Hotel. Much of a muchness I’ve found.

You should be fine if you hit the outskirts of Galway before noon, the races don’t start until 3 on Wednesday. Stay away from the city center, stay on the N6 out to the hospital and then on to Salthill. Coming back will be a nightmare though if you don’t wait until about 6PM at least.
What time is the last race on Wednesday @Faldo

1 Like

First race on Wednesday isnt till after 5 @Fagan_ODowd so you should be grand

I wouldn’t doubt you @Mac cheers.

Taxi in early and taxi back out either before the last race or an hr after it chief…only job

Getting over the Corrib is always the main impediment when trying to get to the western side of Galway.

I travelled over Quincentennial Bridge in each direction at around 5pm and 6:15pm this evening.

Traffic in both directions was relatively light at both times, and much lighter than I expected given that there is a race meeting on this evening.

Once you get over Quincentennial Bridge, you shouldn’t have too many problems reaching Barna.

If traffic after Quincentennial Bridge is heavy, go left at the Topaz at the crossroads and cut back via the college, continually going left. You can get out to the N59 that way. Then go out the N59 towards Moycullen. There’s a turn off once you get out into the country, a mile or so after Glenlo Abbey, that brings you across the hills over to Barna.

If you get over the bridge it’s much of a muchness. The most reliable thing probably would be head over the quincentennial bridge, and head towards clifden. You can’t turn straight right, you need to go to the roundabout after the bridge, turn right there, and then up to the end and turn left which will have you on the clifden road higher up. Watch out for speed vans after this as they are like flies on a shite. Head towards clifden, go past kelehans now deceased pub, then glenlo, then after about a mile you will hit a long straight stretch of road, again watch for speed vans. After a mile that wide road swings gently to the right, just at the Corcullen turn. Keep going for another 500 metres and you’ll see a road signposted left (approx 8km in total after the bridge) for barna. Keep going along that (no speed vans) for about four miles it will bring you smack bang to the centre of barna. It’s a nice road over with a lovely view from the top of the Burren, and the aran islands if clear. You can make out the cliffs of moher if its very fine. Its a lovely road. It’ll bring you out at barnacross, with the twelve pins on the right, donnellys facing you, and the pier with o gradys straight ahead. It’s a nice way to go.
Alternatively, and simpler, just keep going straight ahead over the quincentennial bridge, through rahoon, up to the top of the hill at Taylor Hill, and turn right, and follow that to barna. Quite a bit shorter but the road through rahoon can be very busy.
There are lots of back roads but it’s the bridge will be your problem. I’d take the second route I suggested tbh if you’re short of time, though the clifden road way would be longer but more reliable, probably an extra four miles or so.

I thought for a minute there you were sending him to Barna via Clifden.

1 Like

If it’s a view of the Burren you’re after, take the N67 at the Doughiska roundabout and drive down to Doolin. Take the ferry to Inis Mor, and then the ferry to Ros a Mhil. As @Faldo suggested take a taxi then to Barna and back, you’ll avoid all the city traffic.

2 Likes