Galway

All of this advice is irrelevant. @Fagan_ODowd has an electric car, he’ll get as far as Ballinasloe and have to get a cab from there. The driver will know the best route from there.

5 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd has more than one car and is very publicly trying to sort himself with an alibi here. I’d imagine there’ll be some gangland action tomorrow…

3 Likes

Yeah, a cab to the docks and he can hop into Báidín Fheilimí and they can row out to Barna together. He’ll get a view of the Burren across the bay, which will keep @anon7035031 happy as well.

1 Like

It’s @flattythehurdler that’s concerned about the view of the Burren, keep up.
Welcome back by the way, you’ve been gone too long, the headbangers miss you.

This is the “Browne Roundabout”. It’s so called because people travelling to Pearse Stadum tend to shit themselves when they see the traffic piled up as far as the eye can see when they reach it, and there’s 15 minutes left until throw-in.

@Fagan_ODowd could get confused, because, knowing Galway, there’s a good chance that it will have become a crossroads by tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Ah jaysus…

I’d say poor @flattythehurdler was bawling crying writing that post. It tore the heart out of him.

:rofl:

Cheers guys. That wasn’t too bad. I took @flattythehurdler s route because I vaguely knew that way. Traffic management for the races was good so the traffic kept moving.

What a relief. Delighted for you pal.

1 Like

Yeah. Cos you were in Galway. Obviously.

Lads, what’s the Glenlo like? Worth the money? - is it far from the City?

It’s not that far out from town (at the city limit, basically) but you wouldn’t be walking it. About 12 quid in a taxi from the centre.

1 Like

Not worth the money.

3 Likes

@flattythehurdler had an absolutely appalling experience there when his champagne was served 2.5 degrees above the recommended temperature.

5 Likes

That’s what I hear from most people who stay there.

1 Like

Fuck the Glenlo

3 Likes

It’s about three miles from the centre.
Not walkable. It’s basically a 9 hole golf course in a nicish spot with a three star attached at five star prices. Honestly, if given a straight choice I’d stay in jury’s. I’d actually go to the salthill Hotel though. Fantastic pool, good gym, great location.

2 Likes

I was appalled at the entire meal and experience at well over a hundred notes a head, yes.

Its a kip for what you pay

1 Like